Will the La. Tech game be a sellout? (POLL)

Harry

Will the La. Tech game be a sellout?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Will the La. Tech game be a sellout?

• Yes
    • No

While we all hope this becomes less of a rarity moving forward, this situation is incredibly special for us. This is the first time taking the field in Denton at 4-0 or better since 11/7/1959 against Louisville. 

There is no excuse for Mean Green Nation not to pack that stadium on Saturday, rain or shine. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

While we all hope this becomes less of a rarity moving forward, this situation is incredibly special for us. This is the first time taking the field in Denton at 4-0 or better since 11/7/1959 against Louisville. 

There is no excuse for Mean Green Nation not to pack that stadium on Saturday, rain or shine. 

You are so right. Hopefully the word will get out.

• Upvote 1

I bought six extra tickets last week on the TBT 1968 price and should have bought more.  Seats were going fast.  Where I have my season tickets it is sold out around me and it did not used to be that way and they come to the games.  I suspect we break 30,000 for the first time just short of a sellout, if the weather cooperates.

BEAT THE dogs!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!

We will have a great crowd, smut game-like crowd. A down Arkansas win was a good win.  But not the "signature" win that we need to get all fans and Dentonites on board with the Mean Green.  At least I don't think so.  Should we beat Louisiana Tech (and we will beat them!), that would put us at 5-0 and will garner attention from the locals.  I hope so.

Edit- I do not consider a win over Louisiana Tech as a “signature” win, but a necessary win to remain undefeated and hopefully win CUSA West title.  Signature win, to me at least, is a win over a top 25 opponent, or a top shelf P5 program.  Like ODU’s win over Virginia Tech.

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF LOUISIANA TECH!

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

We will have a great crowd, smut game-like crowd. A down Arkansas win was a good win.  But not the "signature" win that we need to get all fans and Dentonites on board with the Mean Green.  At least I don't think so.  Should we beat Louisiana Tech (and we will beat them!), that would put us at 5-0 and will garner attention from the locals.  I hope so.

Edit- I do not consider a win over Louisiana Tech as a “signature” win, but a necessary win to remain undefeated and hopefully win CUSA West title.  Signature win, to me at least, is a win over a top 25 opponent, or a top shelf P5 program.  Like ODU’s win over Virginia Tech.

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF LOUISIANA TECH!

North Texas through the  decades just needed wins (and consecutive winning seasons) to grow our large fan base.  2 winning seasons every 10 years would be a downer for most G5 programs.  It was for ours. 

• With our huge constituency from which to draw fans our school has  proven to be more than capable of making a dramatic comeback at the turnstiles with merely more  wins with a few that some would call signature (as in what happened in Fayetteville). 

❇️ What (then 0 & 3) ODU did to the VTU Hokies defies logic, but can you imagine how such a win by the Mean Green would have catapulted us to a certain Top 25 ranking prior to this Saturday’s La Tech football game?  

Just a few more wins & winning seasons is all we’ve wanted for the last half century & now we seem to have all pistons running in sync that could give us such continuity.

GMG!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

If 4-0, votes in both polls, and wins against Arkansas and SMU are not enough to sell out Apogee then we are not promoting this game enough.

We are running TV, and radio ads in DFW, right?

There's only so much money in the marketing/advertising pot every year. The AD needs to be judicious in its use of those funds for each game. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1