La Tech Tickets Still Available

Talon90

22 hours ago, ADLER said:

No, that's a horrible idea. I'm not trying to be brash, but let me tell you why.

We are way beyond those type promotions. Leave the exploitation of elementary students, cub scouts, and orphages to our neighbors in the Park Cities.These have zero return as very few of those children are likely to ever purchase tickets to games, and tickets given at less than 50% face value do not count towards paid attendance count.

We have a product that people actually want.

Instead, utilize our best salespeople, the season ticket holders that obviously already see value in North Texas games, to distribute any leftover tickets. Reward every season ticket holder by sending them a matching quantity of tickets to the Rice and Florida Atlantic games and request them to invite fans/alumni that they believe would be interested in seeing the Mean Green this season. Getting tickets to people that are in our target audience is what will build our season ticket base for future seasons. And..the tickets given away count as paid attendance as long as the quantities only match those of the season tickets.

Right.  Giving away tickets or deeply discounting them dilutes value.  If the public continually sees free or nearly free tickets available, many will take the position of "they always give away tickets.  If they're not, them I'm not going."

• Upvote 2

No matter how you slice it it will still be “ day of Game” walk up ticket sales that give us the crowd we end up with which I now think will be SRO.  Looking at how we’ve not been inundated with multiple winning seasons the last 30 years I think we’d all take ticket sales whichever way or day they may come.  

❇️GMG!❇️