La Tech Tickets Still Available

Talon90

We have never been, and probably won’t be this year, a program that sells most seats ahead of time.  

The SMU game this year, where many thought the crowd might now be large all the way through tailgating time, filled up last minute.  If you’ll recall there was a thread about insufficient shuttle service for the SMU game, because people still have a “I can just walk up 5 minutes before kickoff” mentality about North Texas.  

I fully expect the staff in the ticket office to have a busy week.

• Upvote 1

Our guests this week are not SMU fans. These are La Tech fans and they travel well, especially when they perceive the Western Division Championship is the prize. 

According to the Tech web site, North Texas has made inquiries regarding buying back part of Tech's ticket allotment and Tech has declined. 

I'd prefer that there be a bunch of North Texas fans in the middle of the Tech section, and that the Tech fans be disbursed throughout the general admission seats. They can get pretty loud when they are all seated together and partially negate our home field advantage.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1

Yep.  We have no business pointing out other teams low attendance numbers.

According to the UNT website we have 284,000 alumni living and working around DFW.  The students are doing their part to show up, yes there could be more.

Beautiful new stadium and the team is 4-0.  You would think we could easily fill a 30,850 seat stadium.  

While it's growing, our football fan alumni base is tiny and yes there are numerous reasons why that is.  That would make for a great dissertation some day.  Something tells me several versions might appear on this board.

Here's hoping that number continues to grow and maintain.

GMG!  Beat La Tech!

Edited by Talon90
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Our guests this week are not SMU fans. These are La Tech fans and they travel well, especially when they perceive the Western Division Championship is the prize. 

Yep, and they always bring their band.  = more butts, funner atmosphere. 

Edited by trud1966

12 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

The temperature will be great. Hopefully the rain holds off. 

I was worried about the weather.  They had 70% storms in Denton for next Saturday, then it dropped to 30%. Now the forecast for rain is gone.  They know that storm is starting to break up.   Gonna be great weather!   Tailgate areas & the hill will be nice and GREEN.   Some of those low lying areas on the east side of lot could remain damp= mosquitos  .   

Brng your bug spray and Yard Guard

IMG_0272.PNG

Edited by trud1966
  • Lovely Take 1

6 minutes ago, trud1966 said:

I was worried about the weather.  They had 70% storms in Denton for next Saturday, then it dropped to 30%. Now the forecast for rain is gone.  They know that storm is starting to break up.   Gonna be great weather!   

IMG_0272.PNG

more rain the better. Makes for an exciting day running the football

• Downvote 9

4 minutes ago, Talon90 said:

According to the UNT website we have 284,000 alumni living and working around DFW.  The students are doing their part to show up, yes there could be more.

Beautiful new stadium and the team is 4-0.  You would think we could easily fill a 30,850 seat stadium.  

Here's hoping that number continues to grow and maintain.

GMG!  Beat La Tech!

This post touched upon my frustrations with local Alumni.  We should be dominating CUSA 3 out of every 5 years with the resources we have in comparison to our conference foes.  We should fill a 45,000 seat stadium in Denton regularly.  (How much football tradition building momentum did we lose by playing home games in Texas Stadium?).   Keep building the game day experience and winning.  

17 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

The temperature will be great. Hopefully the rain holds off. 

21 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I thought the Mean Joe, 1968 throwback ticket offer on Friday was genius.  Convinced 2 additional family members to go with me.  Awesome to think it might be the first sellout. 

Agreed, BRILLIANT idea that the past admin just couldn't seem to understand. I think they should wait until about Wednesday this week, and take remaining tickets for the Wingzone, and just give them to Denton area schools for free.  There's gonna be no better marketing /recruiting to have that end zone full and loud. It'll make for great Drone photos also for social media. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Re: North Texas tickets location
Everybody needs to call LA Tech's ticket office and buy tickets to the UNT game this week. UNT keeps calling our ticket office and hoping to get tickets back. UNT is expecting it's biggest crowd ever for UNT's game against LA Tech. Let's don't leave 'em any tickets to take back and sell to UNT fans. icon_razz.gif
Link: http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?141768-North-Texas-tickets-location

1 minute ago, Mike Jackson said:

With a positive looking weather report students a going to pack the place.  Wish there was a way to give the students alumni section seats Midway through the first quarter.  I think I would prefer sitting on student side if it weren't for the Texas sun.

It’s a evening game in late September. The sun won’t be brutal for very long. 

17 minutes ago, Danish43 said:

more rain the better. Makes for an exciting day running the football

Rain would be a worst case scenario as we need butts in seats. We have a core of about 10k people that'll show up rain or shine. Most UNT students, casual fans, alumni will only come out given perfect conditions at this point. 

3 hours ago, trud1966 said:

Agreed, BRILLIANT idea that the past admin just couldn't seem to understand. I think they should wait until about Wednesday this week, and take remaining tickets for the Wingzone, and just give them to Denton area schools for free.  There's gonna be no better marketing /recruiting to have that end zone full and loud. It'll make for great Drone photos also for social media. 

I'm with you on this one. If sales look a little soft mid-week just give a bunch to local peewee teams or middle/high schoolers. They'll come, buy some nachos, and maybe some of them will become fans of the local team.

• Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

I'm with you on this one. If sales look a little soft mid-week just give a bunch to local peewee teams or middle/high schoolers. They'll come, buy some nachos, and maybe some of them will become fans of the local team.

No, that's a horrible idea. I'm not trying to be brash, but let me tell you why.

We are way beyond those type promotions. Leave the exploitation of elementary students, cub scouts, and orphages to our neighbors in the Park Cities.These have zero return as very few of those children are likely to ever purchase tickets to games, and tickets given at less than 50% face value do not count towards paid attendance count.

We have a product that people actually want.

Instead, utilize our best salespeople, the season ticket holders that obviously already see value in North Texas games, to distribute any leftover tickets. Reward every season ticket holder by sending them a matching quantity of tickets to the Rice and Florida Atlantic games and request them to invite fans/alumni that they believe would be interested in seeing the Mean Green this season. Getting tickets to people that are in our target audience is what will build our season ticket base for future seasons. And..the tickets given away count as paid attendance as long as the quantities only match those of the season tickets.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 3

11 hours ago, Harry said:
09-22-2018, 10:26 PM #8
Re: North Texas tickets location
Everybody needs to call LA Tech's ticket office and buy tickets to the UNT game this week. UNT keeps calling our ticket office and hoping to get tickets back. UNT is expecting it's biggest crowd ever for UNT's game against LA Tech. Let's don't leave 'em any tickets to take back and sell to UNT fans. icon_razz.gif
Link: http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?141768-North-Texas-tickets-location

Ha! Some of these LT fans are getting paranoid. You should post Vito's article about Champions' Weekend on their site and watch their fan base have a meltdown. It would be fun.

I would like to see the AD renew the $9 General Admission flash sale for Tuesday and Wednesday. This would ensure that the GA "Wing" tickets are sold early and to our own fans. Let the guest team fans pay full price for reserved seats like we have to at their stadiums. They are going to try to sneak over towards their guest section anyway.