Worst part of the weather?

emmitt01

My original post about it being an “off” game was tongue-in-cheek. We still won by 40.  I HATE that Fine couldn’t do more because he’s received so much national attention and I don’t want to see that go away, but great teams can’t be one dimensional.  This team was denied it's primary offensive weapons and still stomped a team that wouldn’t lay down.  Those are EXACTLY the kinds of games that can trip up a team that’s merely “good”.  

Our “off” game was still dominant.  Littrell has built something special.  No doubt he’ll have them focused for LaTech.

14 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

That was not a well played game by us.  Defense got no pressure and pushed around a little.  DBs had a tough time staying with their man.  Mason had a subpar game.  Liberty also left some points out there because of their ineptitude. We play like this next week and we lose by two scores. I'm glad we won, but this was the worst game by us this season.

I agree and none of the above had to do with the weather excpept Fine's numbers.  In fact, his numbers were great considering the weather.  My concerns from this game are:

Little pressure from DL.

Guyton continuing to drop balls that hit him in the hands and his body language afterward.  This young man can be special but Bussey, Darden, Smith are much more relkable at this point.  Strap your gloves on and play ball!

Bad penalties...roughing the passer, interference, although I will take that over a TD, etc...

We aren't terrible, but there are a number of things to work on that must be corrected to reach our potential.  There isn't a team out there we can't beat, but we have to play to the level we are capable.  

This says something about us when we can win by 40 and not play our best.  This team is special and to realize our potential, we cannot become complacent.

Not a pretty game other than the score.    The offense was Fine considering the delays and conditions.  The run defense was not as good as it was in the first three games.  That could also be related to the conditions, as runners have some advantages on a wet field. 

Overall both offenses could have scored more points, there were lots of drops.  Liberty's horrible special teams made this game a blow-out that could have been a lot closer.    

• Lovely Take 1