Worst part of the weather?

emmitt01

32 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

That Liberty (and some of our “trap game” belivieving fans) will think this game could have been closer than it was.  

Bring me the bulldogs.

It was, they tried to come out and throw it, we ran it. And ran away with it. Their tempo caused us some problems.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Mad Hatter said:

Either Fine was having an off game, or the weather was causing passing issues or both. So awesome that the running game was able to take charge.

i guess it’s alright if we have an “off” game.

Very windy and non stop rain will do that big time. 

That was not a well played game by us.  Defense got no pressure and pushed around a little.  DBs had a tough time staying with their man.  Mason had a subpar game.  Liberty also left some points out there because of their ineptitude. We play like this next week and we lose by two scores. I'm glad we won, but this was the worst game by us this season.

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 5

5 minutes ago, trud1966 said:

Yep. Dare I say it, but Fine was not the strongest part of the team.  Happy for the team, but we can’t play that same type of game against La Tech.   

Seriously?  You check the weather for the game... 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Green Crazy said:

That was not a well played game by us.  Defense got no pressure and pushed around a little.  DBs had a tough time staying with their man.  Mason had a subpar game.  They also left some points out there because of their ineptitude. We play like this next week and we lose by two scores. I'm glad we won, but this was the worst game by us this season.

I’ll take it 100 more times.  We win 47-7 RELAX

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

If an "OFF" game means we WIN 47-7, my how things have changed over the last 3 years

Exactly.  47-7 running the ball with the weather, on the road a long ways from Denton, after a huge win last week is not an "OFF" game in my book.  This team will be ready next week.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

That was not a well played game by us.  Defense got no pressure and pushed around a little.  DBs had a tough time staying with their man.  Mason had a subpar game.  Liberty also left some points out there because of their ineptitude. We play like this next week and we lose by two scores. I'm glad we won, but this was the worst game by us this season.

How did we win????!!

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

How did we win????!!

After reading some comments that don't give us credit for forcing mistakes or understanding how bad the weather was even if it looked ok on camera, it must have been a mix of dumb luck and magic. 

4 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

After reading some comments that don't give us credit for forcing mistakes or understanding how bad the weather was even if it looked ok on camera, it must have been a mix of dumb luck and magic. 

I think there was a big difference between the pre and post 3rd quarter rain delay NT teams. Both probably would have won the game. But the post rain delay team came out and annihilated Liberty. Liberty was hanging around before that. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mean Green Matt said:

I think there was a big difference between the pre and post 3rd quarter rain delay NT teams. Both probably would have won the game. But the post rain delay team came out and annihilated Liberty. Liberty was hanging around before that. 

Still had very bad weather for a pass game and hard to defend well in the rain yet we only gave up 7 points at their home and people act as if it was dumb luck.

Sheesh.  If SL hadn't have dropped a toad's foot into the boiling cauldron during halftime we wouldn't have seen this win.  Thanks Seth!

Jokes aside this team wins games.  It will be paramount to remind them that La Tech is our Super Bowl.  Along with every single team after it.  He (SL) is instilling a culture of dependence upon each other to make shit happen.  Offense has a sloppy game? Defense step the f up and make plays.  Is it raining and we can't get a very proven passing game going?  Run that f'in ball down their throats. It's okay.  We have all the tools we have every wanted and desired this team to have and they have each other's backs.  The policy of "reset" is what is making the difference and as long as the team adheres to it we are gonna continue winning games and "getting after their ass".

20 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

So you're saying if we rush for 346 yards against LA Tech, we will lose?

If we play like we did against Liberty, we are not getting 346 yards and, maybe not a win.

Honestly, just showing me that we have this ability to run the ball is so promising.  I wasn't sure if this component of our game was a threat until now.

Do I think we are world-beaters with our running game? No, but I think this makes our offense about as complete as you could ask for.  As if dry weather opponents weren't having enough problems with Fine and our WRs, now they know they can't ignore the run.  We may not have a 1K rusher this season, but I bet we get a couple more 150-200 yard games from a RB.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So Mason throws for +250 and 2 TD’s, no INT’s and he has an off game....I will take that. The run game steps up for a ton of yards....I will take that. The D fives up a total of 7 pts...I’ll take that. All against a team at their house who has given really good teams a fit, and who blew out ODU who just took down the #13 team in the nation....I’ll take that.  PLUS, it was raining in a city we have never played in.....HOW WAS ANY OF THIS A REASON TO BE NAVATIVE??  I for one, am thrilled we can “OVERCOME” such horrible play and still win!!

• Upvote 1