When was the last (and only) time we played in Virginia?

letsgiveacheer

Yes, it was was Richmond U and as SE said they were called the  Spiders  I (like I'd bet many on this forum) listened to the game with Bill Mercer doing the play by play.

North Texas'  Iseed Khoury kicked a  field goal in that game which  still may be in the record books as the longest in our history.  I knew his brother Isa Khoury who was also a good soccer player  

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

3 hours ago, kingwoodgreen said:

I would enjoy having uva on the schedule. Great town and lots to see in the area. Also good match up for us. Certainly not a money game but one that gives us a good shot at beating p5. 

I would as well, but why is this not a money game?

7 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Yes, it was was Richmond U and as SE said they were called the  Spiders  I (like I'd bet many on this forum) listened to the game with Bill Mercer doing the play by play.

North Texas'  Iseed Khoury kicked a  field goal in that game which  still may be in the record books as the longest in our history.  I knew his brother Isa Khoury who was also a good soccer player  

GMG!

They still are called the Spiders.  I just knew we hadn't played football in Virginia since at least 2008 when I moved there.  I moved back here last year and suddenly we have two games in Virginia.  Ugh. 

My face is red. I had forgotten about the 1982 game! Sorry.

I was thinking  of the 1977 game with the Richmond Spiders. There was a surprisingly large crowd of North Texas fans in attendance including a reunion of east coast Green Jackets alumnae. Who remembers them?

My father, a William and Mary grad, came to the game dressed in his W&M green gear and made lots of noise rooting against the Indians' main rival. He thoroughly enjoyed the whooping we laid on Richmond. 

OK. I'm off to the THIRD football game we will play in Virginia. I'll also be at the fourth when we play ODU in a few months. Road Trip!!

Edited by letsgiveacheer

Points for having been to the school?

The campus is BEAUTIFUL, the students are generally nice, their staff is forgettable and one is an outright terrible person. Facilities for Athletics top notch for their level of play. Didn't they beat UVa in football a couple years back?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Per the Liberty fan forum, they were initially expecting a large contingent of UNT faithful at tonight’s game.  After they found their way to gomeangreen.com and read posts, they are no longer expecting much.  I hope we have some alums in the area that have been waiting for the opportunity to see the team live.  

• Upvote 1