Power 6

emmitt01

I actually think it’s smart.  Build your brand and demonstrate your competitiveness.  Soon after you start campaigning hard to be included in the playoff.  UCF was great for the conference last year and they have 3 very good teams this year.  They are doing everything right.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

And the commentators in the cut ins are stating, "Thank you for watching American Athletic Conference football on ESPN." Nada of CUSA. 

And, yeah, the commercials are annoying. But at least they're trying to play with the big brothers. 

ESPN has a deal with the AAC and they did the same thing during the SMU and TCU game...

4 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

And the commentators in the cut ins are stating, "Thank you for watching American Athletic Conference football on ESPN." Nada of CUSA. 

It was the opposite in the UNT vs  SMU broadcast. Focus on CUSA and not AAC. It depends on who has the TV contract.  

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

It was the opposite in the UNT vs  SMU broadcast. Focus on CUSA and not AAC. It depends on who has the TV contract.  

Watch throughout the year on a random P5 weekday game one of the teams randomly gets ranked 24 or 25.

Colorado is on bye this week and will be ranked 25 next week.

4 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

My lord those AAC commercials are lame.  

Ever seen a kid brother stand on the sidelines begging “come on guys!” while his big brother plays with his friends and ignores him?  Yep, it’s about like that.

you know what sounds like kid brother? Talking smack about how big brother gets better looking girls than he does. It's still a more respected conference than CUSA and one we would hope to court. Lets not look like little brother. 

11 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

you know what sounds like kid brother? Talking smack about how big brother gets better looking girls than he does. It's still a more respected conference than CUSA and one we would hope to court. Lets not look like little brother. 

There are only two tables come dinner time and which table is the AAC sitting at? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

There are only two tables come dinner time and which table is the AAC sitting at? 

The G5 table just like us.

3 hours ago, All About UNT said:

The table we aren't sitting at and yet desperately want to

That's some mighty speculation. 

My speculation: 

1 hour ago, RiseUNT said:

Lol I guess those commercials work

No way to tell at this point.

Seems to me the P5 might add some teams or realign, but I don't see whole conference add-ins.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

The G5 table just like us.

That's some mighty speculation. 

My speculation: 

No way to tell at this point.

Seems to me the P5 might add some teams or realign, but I don't see whole conference add-ins.

Was never speculating that the P5 would add the AAC for the record.  I am just saying that we would jump to the AAC in a NY minute.

15 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

If you think we wouldn't accept an offer to join the American Conference you are delusional.  

That wasn't the point of this thread. American Athletic Conference thinks they are equals to the Big12, Big10, pac12, acc, and sec. They are not.

Now as far as us joing them hold your horses. Tulane caused the Big East to split. Tulsa might not be able to keep up money wise. SMU will never be in a conference with us. Navy is next to the Atlantic! Houston went all in for big12 lost and have said they can't keep the budget they have now. I like Memphis. Look at the AAC bowl tie ins because to me they aren't some amazing selection of bowls. 

It gets me sometimes, how we can all be for North Texas to progress to move up and do better but every time another school tries to do it very many people rush to try to cut them down and want to see no one else improve. 

And yes, we would jump at an AAC invite in a heartbeat