Liberty promo for UNT Game "The Process Continues"

Harry

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Note their indoor practice facility in this one and also just top notch facilities and even video production.  This program looks to be going places and quickly!

Should we be excited for an AD with their business model? For a school with their standards of education?

QNI

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Note their indoor practice facility in this one and also just top notch facilities and even video production.  This program looks to be going places and quickly!

Go where? They remind me of Grand Canyon Univ. Sure, you can throw a bunch of money into your program and win a little but no reasonable conference is going to take a private school with questionable academics and who plays by their own rules. I guess it's possible they get into the Sun Belt but I don't see any other G5 conference taking them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 3

32 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Should we be excited for an AD with their business model? For a school with their standards of education?

QNI

1 minute ago, meanrob said:

Go where? They remind me of Grand Canyon Univ. Sure, you can throw a bunch of money into your program and win a little but no reasonable conference is going to take a private school with questionable academics and who plays by their own rules. I guess it's possible they get into the Sun Belt but I don't see any other G5 conference taking them. 

The AD hire was bad and most LU alums wont disagree with you there.

about our academics.

Our law school, school of  medicine, school of engineering, School of nursing, and many more are fully accredited in their own areas. Liberty is also accredited through Southern Association of Colleges and Schools commission of Colleges at the VI level which is the same as UVA, and .... UNT. People continually say that we teach creationism but they leave out that that class doesn't even go toward college credit and I believe its now not required.

http://www.liberty.edu/news/index.cfm?PID=18495&mid=216500

All of this aside I will totally agree with you that Jerry JR being up Trumps butt is just a terrible stain on the school politically. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, Jacolby757 said:

The AD hire was bad and most LU alums wont disagree with you there.

about our academics.

Our law school, school of  medicine, school of engineering, School of nursing, and many more are fully accredited in their own areas. Liberty is also accredited through Southern Association of Colleges and Schools commission of Colleges at the VI level which is the same as UVA, and .... UNT. People continually say that we teach creationism but they leave out that that class doesn't even go toward college credit and I believe its now not required.

http://www.liberty.edu/news/index.cfm?PID=18495&mid=216500

All of this aside I will totally agree with you that Jerry JR being up Trumps butt is just a terrible stain on the school politically. 

What school are you talking about?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, If being a fan of Trump is a bad thing then I might be run off this board. Have you really look at your paycheck, economy, the USA's standing in the world lately.  The mainstream media is always going to be against President Trump, Christian's, and some in our own Government (Deep State) for that matter. Just because the media says something, or promotes a particular cause or view point that doesn't make it true.

My dad went to Baylor and the most important thing he ever thought me was work ethic and how to critically think. Critical thinking in America is becoming a lost art!!!

I digress. This is UNT athletics Football board. I'm a believer, but this week it's time to believe UNT will kick Liberty in the rear end!!!

Good Luck,, but a lost to UNT is in your future. Score wise this weekend. UNT will probably put up 50 plus on Liberty this weekend!!! Don't take it personally. I'm a working man, so not a school of higher learning snob, I'm not going to bring in "Our academics" are better than yours.

UNT used to be a directional school. So, we've had that argument used on us many of times by many a school. Not a very good argument in my mind.

We all have skills and hopefully somewhat smart and educated. In the end I want everyone to succeed in life. Many times it comes down to hard work and a lot of other factors.

I'm glad Liberty has money and is willing to invest it into the school, it's brand, and athletics department. It's taken years for UNT to see the value in putting money behind it's athletic programs.

Go Mean Green!!! 13-0, It's not a Dream!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4
  • Downvote 8

2 hours ago, meanrob said:

The Sun Belt turned them down.

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTMike81 said:

Well, If being a fan of Trump is a bad thing then I might be run off this board. Have you really look at your paycheck, economy, the USA's standing in the world lately.  The mainstream media is always going to be against President Trump, Christian's, and some in our own Government (Deep State) for that matter. Just because the media says something, or promotes a particular cause or view point that doesn't make it true.

My dad went to Baylor and the most important thing he ever thought me was work ethic and how to critically think. Critical thinking in America is becoming a lost art!!!

I digress. This is UNT athletics Football board. I'm a believer, but this week it's time to believe UNT will kick Liberty in the rear end!!!

Good Luck,, but a lost to UNT is in your future. Score wise this weekend. UNT will probably put up 50 plus on Liberty this weekend!!! Don't take it personally. I'm a working man, so not a school of higher learning snob, I'm not going to bring in "Our academics" are better than yours.

UNT used to be a directional school. So, we've had that argument used on us many of times by many a school. Not a very good argument in my mind.

We all have skills and hopefully somewhat smart and educated. In the end I want everyone to succeed in life. Many times it comes down to hard work and a lot of other factors.

I'm glad Liberty has money and is willing to invest it into the school, it's brand, and athletics department. It's taken years for UNT to see the value in putting money behind it's athletic programs.

Go Mean Green!!! 13-0, It's not a Dream!!!

I love to drink the kool-aid but in reality, I'd be happy with a 2 score loss to UNT. As I said in another thread, you guys are definitely the best team to ever be hosted in Williams Stadium (being the second ever FBS). I hope its an experience builder for our guys and that there are no injuries to either side at the end of the day. I hope all that go to Lynchburg enjoy the gameday atmosphere, I'd love to see the new stadium but haven't had a chance to go to it yet! 

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1

12 minutes ago, Jacolby757 said:

I love to drink the kool-aid but in reality, I'd be happy with a 2 score loss to UNT. As I said in another thread, you guys are definitely the best team to ever be hosted in Williams Stadium (being the second ever FBS). I hope its an experience builder for our guys and that there are no injuries to either side at the end of the day. I hope all that go to Lynchburg enjoy the gameday atmosphere, I'd love to see the new stadium but haven't had a chance to go to it yet! 

The no alcohol policy is a bit of a bummer...

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

The no alcohol policy is a bit of a bummer...

Yeah that's a bit of a bummer but its totally possible to have a great time and not drink the boozy stuff 😉. I actually got through all 4 years without a single drink  😅. If you're able to grab dinner after or lunch before id recommend Robin Alexander's or Rivermont Pizza. Both great places to grab a drink. Also Macado's is across the street from the parking lot.

Don't forget to go snowboarding, skiing or tubing, at Snowflex!

http://www.liberty.edu/snowflex/

Edited by Jacolby757
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2