FAU Game on Thursday, Nov 15th at 8:30pm Worth It?

Talon90

There is a very realistic chance that we are 10-0 going into that game.  Not to mention, that is a revenge game for us.  FAU absolutely embarrassed us TWICE last year.  I know the students will show out.  Everyday on campus I see more and more green being worn.  The Fake Fair Catch is running nonstop in the union and the excitement is reaching a fever pitch.

As long as they keep winning this game will be packed.  Even if we stumble along the way it will be packed.

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2018 at 8:53 PM, GrandGreen said:

I think the crowd will be pretty good if NT keeps winning.  Will be rough for families with young kids, but this game could be the best game of the year. 

Also some like to knock playing on a weekday night, but there will probably be more people watching that game than other NT plays in regular season.  Great exposure.  

If for no other reason than the NFL is just terrible entertainment now. So much politics at that level that it's almost unbearable to watch. Save for fantasy leagues, I might not watch at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

There's still plenty of hotels in Denton not booked for Thursday night.  Come to Denton, watch football, go to Fry, pass out in your Hotel room and take Friday off.

...that's what I'm doing!

That's awesome.  And if the Mean Green are undefeated still by then and ranked many will join you.  This game could be huge for local media coverage.  The Ticket Hardline might do a remote at the stadium.  Any other year this cable channel and time slot would be a slight downer.

All weekday games suck.  But we'll make the best of it.

We could very well could be a ranked, undefeated team playing in a conference championship rematch game that night, with the ability to control who we see in the conference championship game on the line.  I'll be there.  My kids will be there.

• Upvote 1