Mason Fine: Once unwanted, now unstoppable at North Texas

BIMG

OU Head Football Coach Lincoln Riley's quote about Mason Fine from the SportingNews :

"And so we knew he was a great player. His film was really, really good. I loved him as a player. Would have brought him here in a heartbeat. But when I knew he was going with Seth ... I was happy about that. I knew what they were doing offensively would really fit him.”

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

OU Head Football Coach Lincoln Riley's quote about Mason Fine from the SportingNews :

"And so we knew he was a great player. His film was really, really good. I loved him as a player. Would have brought him here in a heartbeat. But when I knew he was going with Seth ... I was happy about that. I knew what they were doing offensively would really fit him.”

Remember the Riley was a GA on the Texas Tech staff when Littrell was the RB’s coach. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

I’m calling BS on this one from Lincoln Riley. Sure, they’d have brought him to OU—as a walkon or to be a slot receiver. No way they thought he had the height to play there. To be honest, our QB situation was THE WORST in FBS and Seth had to get a QB here that could adapt to his playbook, so he went after the best kid he knew of in Oklahoma that he could get to come here. It’s been miraculous for us...

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I’m calling BS on this one from Lincoln Riley. Sure, they’d have brought him to OU—as a walkon or to be a slot receiver. No way they thought he had the height to play there. To be honest, our QB situation was THE WORST in FBS and Seth had to get a QB here that could adapt to his playbook, so he went after the best kid he knew of in Oklahoma that he could get to come here. It’s been miraculous for us...

Agree.

12 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Yeah, this sounds a lot like "hey, we missed a big time player because he's the Jose Altuve of quarterbacks. My bad"

23 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

Yeah, this sounds a lot like "hey, we missed a big time player because he's the Jose Altuve of quarterbacks. My bad"

The funny thing is Kyler Murray is like 5'9" and didn't put up near the numbers Fine did(albeit against 6A competition) and was the number 1 QB in the nation coming out of high school, and now he's starting at OU

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Height? 

Look down, Kyler Murray says hi.

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove