Trap Game

mgfan

23 minutes ago, mgfan said:

I hope the players are more focused on the next team,  unlike this board.  I love "Peter Pan", but I would love 4-0 more while hopefully getting more top 25 votes. 

I've read people write about  bowls games, undeafted season, playoffs, heisman finalist?! Are you kidding me?! That is great,  but a long way off.  Y'all remember UTSA last year after beating Baylor? I don't want this to be our best highlight. Next opponent up. 1 at a time. 

GO MEAN GREEN! 

BEAT LIBERTY!  

I hear 'ya! I am keeping a positive, analytical mindset and hope for a hot start and dominating game. But there is a little voice that keeps whispering bad stuff...like all the stuff that would be undone with a loss this week. Like the smirks and snide remarks that would come our way.  Even the Shiner doesn't seem to help...but I think I'll take an extra dose of it tonight.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, mgfan said:

I hope the players are more focused on the next team,  unlike this board.  I love "Peter Pan", but I would love 4-0 more while hopefully getting more top 25 votes. 

I've read people write about  bowls games, undeafted season, playoffs, heisman finalist?! Are you kidding me?! That is great,  but a long way off.  Y'all remember UTSA last year after beating Baylor? I don't want this to be our best highlight. Next opponent up. 1 at a time. 

GO MEAN GREEN! 

BEAT LIBERTY!  

They sound pretty focused to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

It’s a catch 22. I’m so excited for the players that they’re getting the media attention and all the interviews.....

But I’m ready for them to stop. 

I’ll say this....if (IF) we come out and dominate Liberty....wow I will be impressed with this staff and this team. 

Everything about this game screams let down. We didn’t have a let down after SMU because UIW was just overmatched talent wise. Liberty will not be. Add to that all the attention

Color me nervous....

• Upvote 6

I agree with taking things slowly but I'm tired of being compared to last year's UTSA. Last year, UTSA had their first game against a real opponent canceled (Houston), beat a bad Baylor squad with a new head coach after a huge amount of controversy 17-10, and had nothing resembling our offense. They barely knew who their QB was. Their only defensive presence was Davenport. We have a complete team and our team has been in the process of building the past 2 seasons. UTSA had none of that.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

Just because we are still excited about beating an SEC on their turf, doesnt mean that the team is not focused on beating Liberty. 

The coaching staff has done a great job getting our guys prepared up to this point.  I expect that to continue.

I believe that too, but my only question is how they push the reset button when they are still doing interviews about the last game. This is new territory for most of the team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

I've been watching the weather over there in the past week. We should be prepared to play on a wet field with a wet ball. Worse conditions than we had for UIW are likely.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=37.4137&lon=-79.1422#.W6OZPvZRfIU

11 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I agree with taking things slowly but I'm tired of being compared to last year's UTSA. Last year, UTSA had their first game against a real opponent canceled (Houston), beat a bad Baylor squad with a new head coach after a huge amount of controversy 17-10, and had nothing resembling our offense. They barely knew who their QB was. Their only defensive presence was Davenport. We have a complete team and our team has been in the process of building the past 2 seasons. UTSA had none of that.

Just imagine, in your glorious Mean Green dreams, that we did go undefeated...then think about the idiots at UTSA who absolutely hate us or the smug ass SMU fans who look down on us at every chance. That thought just makes me smile!!

16 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

I've been watching the weather over there in the past week. We should be prepared to play on a wet field with a wet ball. Worse conditions than we had for UIW are likely.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=37.4137&lon=-79.1422#.W6OZPvZRfIU

But are the conditions worst than when we went to West Point 2 years ago and beat a strong Army squad effectively running a triple option in the cold rain with a wet ball with a true freshman QB and a much weaker squad in SL's first year?

At this point, there is nothing we'll face that the core members of this team haven't faced together. Any loses moving forward are due to a few miscues or the ball bouncing for the other team. This staff has done nothing but prepare the players for each and every game with a strong game plan and laser focus. 

Let's enjoy the ride this year and if/when we lose a game, still support out guys like we won. It'll be a special year no matter what. 

• Lovely Take 1

All indications point to a trap game....travel across the country, a week removed from the most national exposure the program has had in forever, possible rain during the game, Huge match up w/ the BullPups coming to town next week. Even w/ all that noise I still think these guys get the job done. Maybe a little sluggish at first, then they pull their best Cole Trickle and "Drop the Hammer"

GMG!

• Lovely Take 1

I think this is just a new feeling for everyone who has been a fan of this team.  This media talk about Heisman, sleeping giants and undefeated seasons are foreign and premature in my opinion.   We haven't played anyone that good yet.  When and if we get to 7-0 I'll feel better about this talk and this team.  Mainly I dont want this media coverage to go to the team's head.

GMG! 

• Ray 1

3 hours ago, MrStrange18 said:

Just because we are still excited about beating an SEC on their turf, doesnt mean that the team is not focused on beating Liberty. 

The coaching staff has done a great job getting our guys prepared up to this point.  I expect that to continue.

@meanJewGreen

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

I think this is just a new feeling for everyone who has been a fan of this team.  This media talk about Heisman, sleeping giants and undefeated seasons are foreign and premature in my opinion.   We haven't played anyone that good yet.  When and if we get to 7-0 I'll feel better about this talk and this team.  Mainly I dont want this media coverage to go to the team's head.

GMG! 

Related image