WHAT A COMEBACK

CMJ

By far the best game of the year that I've seen in the Pit!.... It was loud, thanks to RHA night, and that comeback was un-real... La-La had some major players but fould trouble and horrible offence killed them late... not to mention our smothering defense the last 5 minutes. If only they played like that all year, but here's to the tournament!

LEONARD FING HOPKINS

He was scoreless in the first half and went nuts for 19 in the second which coincided perfectly with the comeback. He was the main force in the comeback.

Also, my boy John worked his butt off to make this team, sat on the bench most of the season and got his chance tonight on senior night and showed what he can do. He gave Jerome a much needed breather in the second half and while John was out there, the lead was cut by 10 or 12 points from when he went in. You could see him gain confidence with every possesion. He is a good guy and a reason to cheer for the Mean Green. He was even one of the players of the game on the post game radio show, so it's not like I was the only one who noticed.

I have to admit, I didn't think we had a chance the way ULL was shooting the ball, but we had EVERYONE, not just one or two step up and give us the best home game of the year. Let's take this momentum into the last couple of games and the tourney and make a little run. We can beat anyone in this conference and we proved that, let's keep proving it night in and night out.

BTW, I had no part in my avatar, member title, and signature. I think admin likes to kill time by finding the most random combination of the aforementioned for my account.

We who have such little faith. sad.gif  Down by 14 at the half, 15% whatever shooting, I thought a blowout loss for NT.  I went and piddled in the garage.  I come back, games over.  NT wins by 3.

I hold my head in shame. unsure.gif

I admit that when NT was down by 18 or whatever it was with 15 minutes to go I was gathering my things to head out of the pit. I'm glad I stuck it out. I saw everything that happened and yet I still can't believe I saw everything that happened! What a crazy game. Great win for the team!!!!!

I made the silly decision to go in early for work (they asked me to do it), and I am so kicking myself for missing the biggest game we've had in a long time in the Pit. It sounded like a blast on the radio.

*goes off into the corner and cries*

I feel sorry for anyone who missed seeing ShoJo go coast to coast twice. He was really sweeping the defensive boards, too. I am not a youngster anymore, so I restrained myself from punching out the old broad from LLLLLLLL who was screaming when we shot free throws. It could have gotten ugly since there were about 25 of them.

Incredible game, especially the huge run in the second half. The Pit was electric during that run, and that was only with about 1500 people there. If there were 5,000-6,000, you wouldn't even be able to hear yourself think. Huge props to John Franklin for spearheading that run in the second half, Mike Jones for having an unbelievable game, and Leonard Hopkins for some of the sickest shots I've seen this season, at the Pit or otherwise.

Go Mean Green! ph34r.gif

We should be drawing 5-7,000 a night. You are right, I can't imagine what it would be like with 3,000 with the atmosphere we had tonight. It's really a shame, and I don't want to hear that Denton supports their local teams until North Texas men's games consistently draw at least double what they do now. This is good division 1 basketball, what are they waiting for? The Mavericks to come to town? And this area is basketball rich too, with lots of schools with good teams and are traditionally good at basketball. It doesn't make any sense.

But I am too pumped about the game tonight. I forgot to mention Mike Jones, he had 8 offensive rebounds tonight, and those are always huge. Jerome hit some CLUTCH free throws at the end, and that deserves some attention. ULL may have worn down because they have been on the road a lot recently, but our guys had to claw their way back in. I went over to the ULL board and they are lining up at the top of skyscrapers about this. CMJ, I know how you feel, I don't want to get my hopes up about the tourney to save myself from heartbreak, but with the glimpses this team has shown against the best the Belt has to offer, it's hard not to. I guess I will be "cautiously optimistic" as they like to say. smile.gif

Go Mean Green! Get a sweep in Bowling Green!

Edited by IronMan4

It's a crime that this is the last mens game of the season, I would have love to have seen how many people we could have gotten back to the next game, if there was one. Hopefully they can keep the momentum up going into New Orleans on Thursday. Remember, this team could still finish as high as #2 in the division.

Had a great time tonight! Even lost my voice, which never happens. Went to AppleBee's afterwards with a group and we saw Jerome Rogers and Chris Davis and another guy (a friend? don't know who he was) so we sent 3 beers over to their table. They waved and thanked us on the way out, but Jerome didn't drink (NCAA rules???). Anyone know what Chris Davis is doing these days? Obviously still in Denton cuz I saw him at Subway one night, too not long ago. I know, I probably should have asked....

Edited by MeanGreenQueen

Thanks Zeke. We beat a very good LA-LA team tonight. And we did it with a tremendous second half. Good turnout from the Cheerleaders too. I've seen as many North Texas Basketball games as anyone, and I have a tip for everyone. Be on time. And NEVER leave early. Go Mean Green.

Edited by greenjoe