Liberty Coach Gill Press Conference: North Texas

Talon90

3 hours ago, edcollopy said:

go back and watch how many tipped balls at the line of scrimmage were just out of reach of Arkansas defenders.  A few of those land in their hands and the final score doesn't look as silly.

I don’t know much about their D, but you are correct that it could be a concern. I know Ark was good at getting their hands up on the three-step throws. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Quick Note: There stadium only holds 25,000 and they normally only have 17-18 thousand show up. Not gonna be a big crowd but is important to shut em up early and often

We are hoping to have at least 20,000 every game this year. Probably smaller than what you guys are used to, but with more students on campus, our student section was already great. That's the best section to watch the game :D. Less than 20,000 for any game this year would be a dissapointment.

Edited by Jacolby757
  • Upvote 2

On 9/18/2018 at 2:41 PM, largekfcbucket said:

A) I've never gotten a headache from someone's text post. Chill with the highlighted bold, dude.

B) "Built it and they will come" does not apply when we can't sell out an SMU game that we're expected to win. Tickets need to be in high demand before we add a single seat to Apogee. I would love to see a double decker student side. I would love for the wing to get closed off. We've been good for not even 2 years in terms of recent history. Tap the brakes, put it away for future reference.

Ah, I see we've met Plumm.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I don't think I've ever watched an opposing coach press conference that made it so difficult to dislike.  He went out of his way to compliment our players, staff, school, over and over again. Hope we beat him by four touchdowns. 

Instead of six?

18 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Quick Note: There stadium only holds 25,000 and they normally only have 17-18 thousand show up. Not gonna be a big crowd but is important to shut em up early and often

15,000 can sound loud in our stadium if they get going.  With our experience at Iowa and Arkansas, it shouldn't be an issue. 

22 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

15,000 can sound loud in our stadium if they get going.  With our experience at Iowa and Arkansas, it shouldn't be an issue. 

One of the differences I've read is that CUSA doesn't allow student sections behind the bench.  In Liberty's case, 7,000 students are crammed right behind the away bench, stretching the entire field.  I think it remains to be seen what our average attendance will be at the FBS level.  ODU was announced at just under 21k, but it's hard to gauge since we had a lighting storm before kick off.  But yea, shouldn't matter compared to Ark.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1