DRC: 5 things UNT fans should know about Liberty

Brett Vito

Our team must not over look these guys. They are not Arkansas, but they are good enough to beat us if we aren't paying attention. In the past, NT teams have let down over big wins. I know SL is trying to keep that from happening, but after such a big win with so much national press it's going to be hard to keep the team focused. 

There is no one left on the schedule we can't beat but also no one left on the schedule that can't beat us if we aren't ready. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

Our team must not over look these guys. They are not Arkansas, but they are good enough to beat us if we aren't paying attention. In the past, NT teams have let down over big wins. I know SL is trying to keep that from happening, but after such a big win with so much national press it's going to be hard to keep the team focused. 

There is no one left on the schedule we can't beat but also no one left on the schedule that can't beat us if we aren't ready. 

We as fans can look all the way out to tailgating menus for the CCG & how many fans we think we'll bring to our NY6Bowl game at the Cotton Bowl.

The Mean Green Football Team can't.   And I don't think they will.  Their coaches & player-leadership won't let them.   I believe they're focused on this week's game.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

We already had a trap game and did fine. We mauled SMU and then played Incarnate Word. We'll be ready. Doesn't mean it will be easy or guarantee a win, but we'll be ready.

UIW was not a traditional trap game, because of their obvious inability to compete with a D1 team. 

Liberty, on the other hand, destroyed one of our conference mates. I would say the team is much higher than after Smut and overlooking this team to think about opening conference play against a proven team like LaTech is a real danger.

#reset

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

UIW was not a traditional trap game, because if their obvious inability to compete with a D1 team. 

Liberty, on the other hand, destroyed one of our conference mates. I would say the team is much higher than after Smut and overlooking this team to think about opening conference play against a proven team like LaTech is a real danger.

#reset

Yeah.  Not sure how strong Old Dominion is, but the fact that Liberty took a Conference USA team behind the woodshed makes me nervous.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Yeah.  Not sure how strong Old Dominion is, but the fact that Liberty took a Conference USA team behind the woodshed makes me nervous.

ODU went out after the Liberty loss, and crapped the bed against the consensus (prior to their game) worst team in C-USA, Charlotte.   ODU is very bad.

• Lovely Take 1

31 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

ODU went out after the Liberty loss, and crapped the bed against the consensus (prior to their game) worst team in C-USA, Charlotte.   ODU is very bad.

I was going to say this too. ODU is not as good as everyone was thinking. Losing this bad to Liberty and dropping a game to Charlotte that got Roasted by App State (A Good Team)