Alumni Introduction Game

UNTDoubleAlum

Friends,

I have a coworker who is a fellow UNT alum, but really isn’t into Football. Not just UNT Football, but College Football in general. 

Still, I think I convinced him to come to a game, hoping that with a little exposure, I can turn a not fan into, at the very least, a lukewarm fan. 

Which of the remaining home games do you guys recommend? Obviously, the top contenders are LaTech and FAU. FAU is my top choice, but I’d hate to bring someone I want to root for UNT to a game that ends up like our last two contests against them. Will the excitement and/or the crowd be better for one? Am I sleeping on the excitement of the other two home games? Love to hear your thoughts! 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, untcampbell said:

Homecoming v. Rice? Most non-fans know Rice for its academic reputation and former SWC residence. Big crowd, good tailgating, swag.

GMG

That’s true. I’m thinking “need a good football game” but obviously someone who isn’t super into Football might note care. Atmosphere and crowd might be more important. 

I don’t know who my friend feels about tailgating, but I rarely do it, and if so, it’s in the last month of Football. Tailgating is a mixture of “standing around being hot” and “being outside” which are two things I usually try to keep to a minimum. 😆

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

La Tech so you can get a full day of tailgating in and witness the statue unveiling.  

The statue is a good idea, but I. Hate. Tailgating. 

Not to besmirch anyone who loves it, but I’ve never gotten the appeal. Maybe if I lived in Iowa where it’s been cool since late August I’d feel differently, but pretty high on my list of hated things is:

1. Lots of drunk people.

2. Being hot.

3. Being outside. 

I’ll get over all those things for “watching Football”, but I won’t for “watching Barbecue.” 🤪

Edited by UNTDoubleAlum
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 4

I took a former college roommate to a game last year.  He was impressed and said I dont remember it being like this when we were in school.  He even brought his wife to another game and she enjoyed it. Not sure how long he graduated so I dont know if he will notice the changes.  My old roommate attend games at Fabulous Fout's field.

1 hour ago, UNTDoubleAlum said:

Not to besmirch anyone who loves it, but I’ve never gotten the appeal. Maybe if I lived in Iowa where it’s been cool since late August I’d feel differently, but pretty high on my list of hated things is:

1. Lots of drunk people.

2. Being hot.

3. Being outside. 

I’ll get over all those things for “watching Football”, but I won’t for “watching Barbecue.” 🤪

I bet you're a blast at parties.

• Haha 4
  • Ray 1

2 hours ago, UNTDoubleAlum said:

Friends,

I have a coworker who is a fellow UNT alum, but really isn’t into Football. Not just UNT Football, but College Football in general. 

Still, I think I convinced him to come to a game, hoping that with a little exposure, I can turn a not fan into, at the very least, a lukewarm fan. 

Which of the remaining home games do you guys recommend? Obviously, the top contenders are LaTech and FAU. FAU is my top choice, but I’d hate to bring someone I want to root for UNT to a game that ends up like our last two contests against them. Will the excitement and/or the crowd be better for one? Am I sleeping on the excitement of the other two home games? Love to hear your thoughts! 

La Tech, hands down.  Plenty of momentum

2 hours ago, UNTDoubleAlum said:

1. Lots of drunk people.

2. Being hot.

3. Being outside. 

what is your take on Baseball and apple pie?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

what is your take on Baseball and apple pie?

Baseball: Generally boring, but can be fun enough in person with the right people.

Apple Pie: Great, but no better or worse than many other good types of pie. 

I’m just just saying that hanging out at my house, watching other College Football  or playing video games followed by leaving about an hour before kickoff (to park and walk to the stadium) seems like a much preferable Saturday to me than loitering in a parking lot with meat. 

Edited by UNTDoubleAlum
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTDoubleAlum said:

Baseball: Generally boring, but can be fun enough in person with the right people.

Apple Pie: Great, but no better or worse than many other good types of pie. 

I’m just just saying that hanging out at my house, watching other College Football  or playing video games followed by leaving about an hour before kickoff (to park and walk to the stadium) seems like a much preferable Saturday to me than loitering in a parking lot with meat. 

I encourage you to step out and meet more people. Sounds like a lot of behind the computer action.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, UNTDoubleAlum said:

1. Lots of drunk people.

2. Being hot.

3. Being outside. 

La Tech game, statue unveil, head to the Alumni Pavilion for some beer, food and television, then on to the game.

1 hour ago, Jason Howeth said:

I encourage you to step out and meet more people. Sounds like a lot of behind the computer action.

I mean, I’m married, I have a good social life, I host D&D campaigns, I go to the gym every day, pretty good at my job. 

Not sharing this one activity you like doesn’t make me some kind of neckbeard troll lurking in my darkened computer room. 

Now, if any decent artists wanted to draw the above mentioned troglodyte scene, I’m definitely willing to make it my profile pic. Just sayin.

Edited by UNTDoubleAlum
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1