Seth Littrell Wk. 4 Press Conference

golfingomez

Kinda disappointed in coach's answers to Brett's questions about the Mose brothers at the end there.

You know he's asking specifically about those guys because he's gonna write a column about them coach.   You may want to pump them up some more than, "I dunno Brett, go ask them", and, "I don't know much about their personalities, I'm not around them that much..."

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Kinda disappointed in coach's answers to Brett's questions about the Mose brothers at the end there.

You know he's asking specifically about those guys because he's gonna write a column about them coach.   You may want to pump them up some more than, "I dunno Brett, go ask them", and, "I don't know much about their personalities, I'm not around them that much..."

Nah.  Seith is just being honest.  The answer he gave was very real.  I'm sure he gets tired of these types of questions from Veto. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

I love the Captain Obvious questions.  

“Coach, when you took over the team was coming off of a 1-11 season.  Do you think being 3-0 with a win against an SEC team is helping build excitement”

”Coach, does it help when you are good at special teams?  How about defense?”

”If you don’t win on Saturday, would you say it’s possible you will lose?”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, drex said:

We asked Seth to coach a winning football team.  He has done that.  Enough said.

I agree with you. We asked Coach Litrell to coach football,  Vito's job is to be a reporter.  They are both doing their jobs.  Idk if coach likes it  but that won't stop reporters from doing their  jobs. Hypothetical,  if he moves to a P5, does he think the reports will ask less questions?  

Edited by mgfan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

IDK....IMO I think Veto’s questions can be a little too leading and silly sometimes, so I can see why Seth gets annoyed by them. Some of the questions irrate me and I don’t have to answer them. With that being said, I like Veto and understand that he Is just doing his job. 

In Short:

I don’t mind Seth’s reactions/ responses because Seth is being Seth and Brett is being Brett.

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, MeanGreenWarDaddy said:

I will say in this presser Seth seemed like he genuinely likes the atmostsphere here at UNT. I feel like as long as Wren keeps Increasing Seth’s pay through the years, he may stick around for awhile.

Or maybe that’s just wishful thinking #NextGaryPatterson

In all of his interviews since the Arkansas win, it seems like he's had to put a little more effort into maintaining his typical demeanor. Like a little bit of genuine excitement bubbling up. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MeanGreenWarDaddy said:

IDK....IMO I think Veto’s questions can be a little too leading and silly sometimes, so I can see why Seth gets annoyed by them. Some of the questions irrate me and I don’t have to answer them. With that being said, I like Veto and understand that he Is just doing his job. 

In Short:

I don’t mind Seth’s reactions/ responses because Seth is being Seth and Brett is being Brett.

The unfortunate thing is that this is literally every sorts reporting in the world. There's no variation in questions, just "tell me about the sports and if you think you sports-ed enough."

gugkptx.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, mgfan said:

I agree with you. We asked Coach Litrell to coach football,  Vito's job is to be a reporter.  They are both doing their jobs.  Idk if coach likes it  but that won't stop reporters from doing their  jobs. Hypothetical,  if he moves to a P5, does he think the reports will ask less questions?  

At least he’s trying to answer and not saying “I’m just here so I don’t get fined!” (Greatest interview ever IMO) 😂😂😂😂

798F6A3C-284C-4563-A510-79074D55B085.gif

Edited by OurRankingisFINE
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, greenminer said:

If you listen to this stuff as long as I have, you start to hear coaches speak so generically, with cliche after cliche, that many times they aren’t even answering the specific question.  You could literally flip the answers around between all of the reporter questions and it wouldn’t conflict.

Which is why I rarely ever watch them anymore. 

43 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

"Coach Littrell, did you like that play where the player ran the punt back for a TD?"

And, again, I have complete faith in my staff knowing that, if  1) we maximize our potential and, 2) prepare the right way, we will be successful.  If you ask me, it's really a testament to the culture we've been talking about since day 1, and that applies top to bottom from our practice squad, to the starters, to our GAs and staff, and further up to Wren Baker and our administration.  What you're talking about? I'm not really going to get too caught up in it; that's your job.  That's the media's job.  My job is to make sure these young men stay focused and understand that we need to reset.  That's what I do.  That's what I'm paid to do.  I don't worry about what the media thinks.  At the end of the day, it's not about the play.  It's about graduating these young men and putting them in a position to be successful after they leave our program.

• Upvote 1