UNT is all the rage of college football right now. But how did the Mean Green get here?

TheColonyEagle

1 minute ago, Wag Tag said:

Loose Seth is Cumbie TCU our next coach?

probably depends on when that happens.  If you are thinking after this year, the line will form to the left with candidates that want to make in the neighborhood of 1.5 mil and coach a team loaded with talent and a QB like Fine.  Cumbie may not be qualified enough.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

probably depends on when that happens.  If you are thinking after this year, the line will form to the left with candidates that want to make in the neighborhood of 1.5 mil and coach a team loaded with talent and a QB like Fine.  Cumbie may not be qualified enough.

I wholeheartedly agree.   Like, take-your-pick-of-ANY-P5-coordinator line to the left.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I wholeheartedly agree.   Like, take-your-pick-of-ANY-P5-coordinator line to the left.

One interesting name would be Jake Spavital. I don't think he'd be the first call, but he's got P5 experience and comes from the Leach tree, currently lighting it up with WVU and Will Grier.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

One interesting name would be Jake Spavital. I don't think he'd be the first call, but he's got P5 experience and comes from the Leach tree, currently lighting it up with WVU and Will Grier.

Another name that's going to pick up steam is the OC from Ole Miss: Phil Longo

Love his offense. Strong recruiter. His offense at Sam Houston State was phenomenal 

7 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I like Spavital too (and I was hoping we would go after him when hiring Littrell), but man, there are a lot of people in Texas that don't like how his A&M career, post-Johnny-Football, ended.   
He has a great mentor in Holgorsen.   But if this season goes where I think it may go, I think he too may be underqualified.

I just hope we can keep Littrell. I feel like if this program becomes a national contender, consistently, and we are able to keep his pay checks competitive... he would (at least I would) stay in North Texas. Close to family and get to nurture the baby you created. That is a legacy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Ray 2

Its Amazing anyone would still support RV for all the lying, BS and crap we put with him. The simple state he left facilities in. We should flown the plane sooner. 

Even well before Seth Littrell was hired I was hearing all over the place Seth was Neil Smatres guy. Plus I was told regardless what RV wanted in the TCU guy or any other,  Smatresk was making the decision. 

I pretty damn sure that is how it went down. anyone else is either  misinformed or had the Hattiesburg hustle done to them and should probably call for help.  

Regardless of who's decision it was I think it's bush league for our President to take part in an article that's sole purpose is to assign credit for a good hire.  Smastrek I am a huge fan of yours but this is beneath you.  

Edited by HoustonEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

11 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

Regardless of who's decision it was I think it's bush league for our President to take part in an article that's sole purpose is to assign credit for a good hire.  Smastrek I am a huge fan of yours but this is beneath you.  

He might be dealing with some BS of his own and just setting the record straight. 

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Another name that's going to pick up steam is the OC from Ole Miss: Phil Longo

Love his offense. Strong recruiter. His offense at Sam Houston State was phenomenal 

I heard A&M's offensive coordinator may be high on our list!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

You makeup some interesting rules

"rules"?
No one anywhere was talking about who hired Littrell, and haven't since he was hired.   

Now, all-of-a-sudden, there's this pat on the back article that comes out??  And likely written that way for a reason as Xyresic pointed out above.  Yes, media.

I get it.  You and a handful of others deplore RV on a personal level.   Why?  I don't know, and I don't care.  I'm not a huge fan of his myself.  But there are some times where a dude's name is dragged through the mud, without reason or validity, and I'm not a fan of that either.   So I jumped in.   
Agree or not, I don't really care.  I just want to be clear.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

"rules"?
No one anywhere was talking about who hired Littrell, and haven't since he was hired.   

Now, all-of-a-sudden, there's this pat on the back article that comes out??  And likely written that way for a reason as Xyresic pointed out above.  Yes, media.

I get it.  You and a handful of others deplore RV on a personal level.   Why?  I don't know, and I don't care.  I'm not a huge fan of his myself.  But there are some times where a dude's name is dragged through the mud, without reason or validity, and I'm not a fan of that either.   So I jumped in.   
Agree or not, I don't really care.  I just want to be clear.

There could be people asking Smastrek outside the media or creating internal politics I don't know and he is trying to set the record straight and he saw an opportunity to do so. 

But it sure seems like you do care. 

I for one like that he stated it. 

If you have to ask why on RV, Its because broken promises and lies he told, not to mention not being good at his job, and his ablity to run the sports program into the ground. I and ever other Mean Green fans suffered for it.  

7 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

There could be people asking Smastrek outside the media or creating internal politics I don't know and he is trying to set the record straight and he saw an opportunity to do so. 

But it sure seems like you do care. 

I for one like that he stated it. 

If you have to ask why on RV, Its because broken promises and lies he told, not to mention not being good at his job, and his ablity to run the sports program into the ground. I and ever other Mean Green fans suffered for it.  

Almost 3 years later?!?!     Doubtful, but sure.  You win.  Case closed. Moving on.

• Upvote 1