Official Liberty Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

I love our team but this game against the Fighting Falwells could be a dogfight. I think this is close until midway through the fourth

UNT 42

The Eccentric Evangelicals 32

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

Liberty of a lot better the IWU with far, FAR more resources. Our players just humbled an SEC team at home. I'm sure at least some of our players know about LIberty's wacky science/religion department which will lower respect for Liberty. Turner Gill is a very good coach who has had two weeks to create his own Peter Pan play - it won't be a fake punt return - to use against us. They demolished ODU. 

Still we should win handily although I'm almost certain they do something that surprises us at least some. Still, we're far enough ahead to rest the 1s early which reduces our score and give them some extra points. I  think Liberty score a TD in the 1st quarter!

NT 42

Liberty 17

Edited by VideoEagle
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Findog said:

Long time reader...first time poster. Class of 2006

Why is the spread only -12.5? UNT has wins by 23, 42 and 27 points. What is Vegas taking into consideration?

I'll hang up and listen...

First off welcome to the site.  Good to have you here.

I can't speak officially for them but I would hazard a guess:

- It's on the road, should be a good crowd.  Maybe the best team to play in  their stadium?  They will be fired up.

- Liberty is a pretty good team, beat a team from our conference (ODU) pretty handily a couple of weeks ago.

- our turnover ratio has been unreal - we are tied for #3 in the country right now in turnover margin.  So the oddsmakers see that coming back down to the mean at some point, possibly this week.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:16 AM, greenminer said:

I had no idea Turner Gill was the Liberty coach.

Guys, he won a conference title in Buffalo by beating then 12th-ranked Ball State.  freakin Buffalo

His record doesn't scream best-coach-evar!, but the guy can pull a rabbit out of his hat every now and then.

B6C6BE4D-C49F-447F-A1C6-24A16A1D263B.jpeg

• Confused 1