Official Liberty Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

What a week!
NT just pounded the will right out of Arkansas early on, and cruised the rest of the way...
Liberty coach Turner Gill gets a shot at the school who gave him his coaching start, and his academic Alma Mater, even though he played his ball at Nebraska, at home. 
The Flames drubbed Old Dominion for their program's first ever game as a Division 1-A program.
They promptly lost the next week to Army.
They've had plenty of time to prepare for NT, and I bet they believe they're ready.

It will be up to the Mean Green to come out again, impose their will, and show Liberty they're outmatched.   And it shall be so.

NT: 49
Liberty: 14

EDIT:  Thanks @DeepGreen for keeping me honest!  Thanks @UNTLifer for keeping me honest as well!

Edited by MeanGreenTexan

UNT        52

Liberty    35

This will be an early struggle and gut-check for us. We will get an all-out effort from them in the first half and may not surge ahead for good until late in the third quarter.

I never wanted to be more wrong...I just have a bad feeling about this game.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

What a week!
NT just pounded the will right out of Arkansas early on, and cruised the rest of the way...
Liberty coach Turner Gill gets a shot at his Alma Mater at home.  The Flames drubbed Old Dominion for their program's first ever game as a Division 1-A program.
They promptly lost the next week to Army.
They've had plenty of time to prepare for NT, and I bet they believe they're ready.

It will be up to the Mean Green to come out again, impose their will, and show Liberty they're outmatched.   And it shall be so.

NT: 49
Liberty: 14

"Liberty coach Turner Gill gets a shot at his Alma Mater at home".

UNT is not his Alma Mater.  He was a GA here.  Are you thinking of Richard Gill who played for UNT?

Coach Littrell has this team in a zone and will not let the win over Arkansas, or the fact we are going up against an FBS "newbie" lesson the Mean Green's mission on Saturday:  Beat The Hell Out Of Liberty!  The Mean Green will come out firing on all cylinders.

Prediction:  UNT 56, "Flameouts" 16

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Gill received his BA from North Texas.

I guess I stand corrected.  Carry on.

Edit:  He played for Nebraska so I assume Nebraska is where he graduated from.  Per Wikipedia-

Playing career
1980–1983 Nebraska
1984–1985 Montreal Concordes
Position(s) Quarterback

Edited by DeepGreen