Musers talking Mean Green at 8:15

TheColonyEagle

Norm was talking more along the lines of how many big programs got beat....put Arkansas in with Florida St and asked what the spread would've been 5 years ago. Donnie talked about the punt return.

BAD Radio was really complimentary. they were arguing both sides of the punt return debate. Bob said something along the lines of "it sucks....they can't even enjoy this season and they're having to get beat over the head with losing their coach. They don't talk much college football and even less UNT. I enjoyed what they had to say...

Both shows were quick to point out that the punt return was cool and all....but UNT dominated Arkansas.

Edited by TheColonyEagle

15 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

Imagine my surprise when I got in the car yesterday and Sports Radio 610 was talking Mean Green football in Houston.  It did my heart some good.  

yeah... comedian Bill Burr talked about it on his Monday Morning Podcast... and he talks about sports for like 10 minutes a week... so it was awesome to hear him correctly identify us as North Texas

When I hear people like Norm screwing up our name, I change the station. If the guys at the ticket are to dumb or that arrogant to not get the largest university in their area correct, then the aren't worth listening to. Pretty simple.

These people probably wouldn't be calling Texas State Southwest Texas. That is if they actually spoke about teams they don't read about in the crappy DMN.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

yeah, i really don't care what they say about UNT, so long as it's not dismissive or making fun of us. I look at it as more of an exposure thing... I generally think the Ticket is pretty bad with college football coverage/knowledge.

However... if the Touchdown Brothers chimed in...

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, golfingomez said:

yeah... comedian Bill Burr talked about it on his Monday Morning Podcast... and he talks about sports for like 10 minutes a week... so it was awesome to hear him correctly identify us as North Texas

Bill Burr is my hero. No surprise, a comedian of all things, called us appropriately by name. Yet, geezers covering the the sport in our own state just clueless, ignorant, or purposefully throw in the state. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Eh. I can give Norm a break. He’s always been fair with our coverage and he’s a good guy. It was a senior moment. Total accident. 

A friend of mine won a pass to sit in studio with him once and I went with him.  He was the nicest, friendliest guy to us. He and Donnie both. And watching how he does his job was pretty cool. He’s a local legend. Norm gets a pass from me 

Did anyone catch the Musers' take? 

Thanks @PokeyPig for a good rundown of The Hardline take. Was in town ahead of the game so I got to hear Corby discuss pretty much solely from an Arkansas point of view...to hear them coming around on UNT as legit is encouraging. 

If anyone has audio of any of the segments I'd love to know where to find it