ESPN: Arkansas to start Storey against the Tigers

ChiefTenBeers2015

2 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

He looks so far out of his league....

I never understood that hire. 

Oh, me either. Made 0 sense at the time and makes less sense now. 

He has 0 skins on the wall. Clemson has flourished since his departure and he was a loser at SMU. But he was from a 'named' program that the Arkansas fan base is familiar with and Jerry Jones knows well. It was the "sexy" hire by recognition and affiliation only. 

• Thanks 1

Has it ever occurred to anyone that NT is winning because they are pretty damn good?  Why assume every team NT beats is beyond bad?

SMU is playing a nightmare schedule and has lost to two ranked team, neither of which controlled the game like NT did.  Arkansas is full of talent as a SEC team, look at their recruiting class ratings.  ICW is a good lower division team. 

Look at what the rest of CUSA is doing in the non-conference, not a lot of convincing wins there.  Yet, a lot of their fans just love to point out how bad the teams are that NT has dominated.  

Back to Storey, he is starting because he is the only QB that Arkansas has, that is not suffering from shell shock from the NT game. 

• Ray 2

10 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

Nolan isn't their backup, Storey was.  No idea why they didn't put Storey in the game.

Morris didn’t play Storey because the game was already out of hand. I would bet he already planned to start Storey this week after Kelly’s performance. Why get him beat up in a game that was already decided, where your O-Line had quit, and the opposing D had been swarming all day. Get the young guys some reps. If it was 17-10 or even 24-10 when Kelly threw his 4th INT you would have seen Storey.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Whoever starts there, I hope they win. I am sick of people all over talking about how bad Arkansas is instead of how good UNT is. I think UNT has a good football team and a great coaching staff. All Arkansas fans and everyone else keeps saying is UNT is not good, Arkansas is just very, very bad. Maybe Arkansas is bad, but for once, why can't people just admit that UNT is good?

• Upvote 1

storey can play four games with out losing his redshirt right? So why would he not want to play?  I was watching the highlights and one thing I did notice we took the life out of ARK.  I was watching our kicker kick a FG and the rusher on the right side of line looked like he was heading to the sideline and was not interested in even making an effort to block the kick.  Morris has his hands full.  You know JJones had a big part in the hiring of Morris.  Look at the cowboys current coach, would you let they guy pick your next head coach.  I think Morris will have some players leave the program or he will force them out. I feel bad for them in the SEC game.  I did watch the Ten vs UTEP game and that is another SEC team we could beat very bad.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

storey can play four games with out losing his redshirt right? So why would he not want to play?  I was watching the highlights and one thing I did notice we took the life out of ARK.  I was watching our kicker kick a FG and the rusher on the right side of line looked like he was heading to the sideline and was not interested in even making an effort to block the kick.  Morris has his hands full.  You know JJones had a big part in the hiring of Morris.  Look at the cowboys current coach, would you let they guy pick your next head coach.  I think Morris will have some players leave the program or he will force them out. I feel bad for them in the SEC game.  I did watch the Ten vs UTEP game and that is another SEC team we could beat very bad.  

We would beat a good amount of SEC teams right now. They are kind of down with like 7 new head coaches right now. We are playing well with great confidence. I wish this was the year we had a UTSA type schedule. People would be forced to take notice and give respect. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MeanGreenBuzz said:

Morris didn’t play Storey because the game was already out of hand. I would bet he already planned to start Storey this week after Kelly’s performance. Why get him beat up in a game that was already decided, where your O-Line had quit, and the opposing D had been swarming all day. Get the young guys some reps. If it was 17-10 or even 24-10 when Kelly threw his 4th INT you would have seen Storey.

Probably also didn't want to give the freshmen their first college football action on the road @ Auburn.

Doesn't really matter who the QB is if the OL doesn't give them any time to throw though.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Has it ever occurred to anyone that NT is winning because they are pretty damn good?  Why assume every team NT beats is beyond bad?

SMU is playing a nightmare schedule and has lost to two ranked team, neither of which controlled the game like NT did.  Arkansas is full of talent as a SEC team, look at their recruiting class ratings.  ICW is a good lower division team. 

Look at what the rest of CUSA is doing in the non-conference, not a lot of convincing wins there.  Yet, a lot of their fans just love to point out how bad the teams are that NT has dominated.  

Back to Storey, he is starting because he is the only QB that Arkansas has, that is not suffering from shell shock from the NT game. 

I have never understood why SMU creates these schedules with top of the line P5's and sets themselves up for failure from the get go.. TCU, i can get.. Because that is their super bowl and they for some reason think that they are in a rivalry with them that does not apply anymore.. Since TCU joined the B12. But they have history together.. So I get it. But year in and year out it's an uphill battle on their schedule. 

I never understood the Chad Morris hire at Arkansas either. The guy was mediocre and only had one winning season (7-6) at SMU. My uneducated guess is that Chad was a Dallas area coach, and Arkansas has a lot of ties to the Dallas area.. Especially with Jerry Jones being an supportive alumni and paying Arky/A&M to duke it out at Jerryworld. 

Anyways.. good luck Arky, they will need it. I have a feeling that there will be a long road to recovery for that program. Look at Vandy and compare...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I never understood the Chad Morris hire at Arkansas either. The guy was mediocre and only had one winning season (7-6) at SMU. My uneducated guess is that Chad was a Dallas area coach, and Arkansas has a lot of ties to the Dallas area.. Especially with Jerry Jones being an supportive alumni and paying Arky/A&M to duke it out at Jerryworld. 

1. Style of offense (actually getting into the 21st century)

2. Texas recruiting connections

3. He did improve SMU from 1-11 to 7-6...similar rebuild situation needed here

Does help that his son was high school teammates with John Stephen Jones though. He and Jerry knew each other well.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

Nolan isn't their backup, Storey was.  No idea why they didn't put Storey in the game.

Why not play the freshman and see what you got?  They can Redshirt with 4 games of playing experience.  You know what you got in Storey, play them and see what you have.  I had no problem with what Chad did.  He will right that ship, it will take time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1