• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Prettylittleeagle

Anyone attending the LIberty game?

11 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Isn't Liberty the school that advertises free constitutional classes on the AM dial? 

Actually, you might have heard that from Hillsdale College.  They are legit, BTW.  Disclaimer: May cause convulsions in liberals.

http://lp.hillsdale.edu/free-pocket-constitution/

http://info.hillsdale.edu/constitution_101_enroll

BUT, you could recover nicely in the serenity of the Virginia hills by going to the game in Lynchburg.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Actually, you might have heard that from Hillsdale College.  They are legit, BTW.  Disclaimer: May cause convulsions in liberals.

http://lp.hillsdale.edu/free-pocket-constitution/

http://info.hillsdale.edu/constitution_101_enroll

My bad.  I tried to google, but I'm not very bright this afternoon.  

For my part, I’m not even watching this game. I love the Mean Green, and I support them anywhere, but an opponent like Liberty isn’t worth my time. No ratings system is going to be able to tell that I’m not watching, but Liberty doesn’t deserve the ratings either. 

Edited by UNTDoubleAlum
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 12
  • Ray 1

14 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

My bad.  I tried to google, but I'm not very bright this afternoon.  

Hillsdale has a low profile, but I know about it because I grew up in that general part of the country and knew some people who got in. From their Wiki : Founded in 1844 as Central Michigan College in Spring Arbor, Hillsdale College relocated to this city in 1853 and changed its name. It was the first American college to prohibit in its charter discrimination based on race, religion or sex, and became an early force for the abolition of slavery. It was the second college in the nation to grant four-year liberal arts degrees to women.

https://www.hillsdale.edu/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Funny ... I don't think religion equals politics. The separation of governance and religion is protected. Which is exactly why we can have a lively discussion on terrible administrations and football scheduling and the convoluting of it to religion. 

Yet you just stated in this thread:

"You are woefully underestimating the social awareness of people. People vote with their dollars."

Sounds like a political connection to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yay!  It’s like being on FB when I’m not on FB!  

How about we talk about football not politics and religion.  I’m not going this weekend because my kids are in too many activities to think about going out of town.  

We need wins more than we need big name opponents at this point.  I LOVE our schedule this year.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UNTDoubleAlum said:

For my part, I’m not even watching this game. I love the Mean Green, and I support them anywhere, but an opponent like Liberty isn’t worth my time. No ratings system is going to be able to tell that I’m not watching, but Liberty doesn’t deserve the ratings either. 

uh, hopefully you realize that our school is playing and that's what matters!

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Ray 1

I would love to go to the game. My son just started school at Liberty and my wife and I were really impressed with all the building going on and academics there. He mentioned to me that he is contemplating walking on next year. I think he is to small but it will be a decision he makes.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 6

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Y'all,
This is how badly the coaching staff wanted out of the Army series.    The series with Liberty is the result.
Look at the rest of the scheduled home/homes Wren has pulled off.   Now, look at this one.   By any means necessary, get out of Army... that's what he did.

Exactly.  Let's just put the blame right where it belongs (on RV*) and wrap this thread up.

* - of course that may mean that I have to give him credit for the SMUt series.  Now I feel all icky. 8-(

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, THOR said:

uh, hopefully you realize that our school is playing and that's what matters!

Standing up for what is right is more important than sports. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, UNTDoubleAlum said:

To each their own, of course,  but some posters on here are making this about way more than what it is: a football game. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTDoubleAlum said:

may i ask why you not watching a north texas game is" standing up for what is right"?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

How about everyone who isn’t going to the game start a thread in the Eagles nest debating the merits of Liberty.

• Confused 1

I dont give a Rip who North Texas is playing....I will watch them come rain or shine or in a box with a FOX....If you dont like the opponent that UNT is playing, then root for an absolute ass whooping of that said opponent. Keep Religion and Politics out of football.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

What about hail marys?

Depends on who's throwing the football. If Mason Fine or anyone from UNT is throwing it then Im all about it but If its anyone else, leave it at the door

• Upvote 1

Some of you that are discussing the lack of Liberty University quality and think they should not be on our schedule perhaps should take some time and review the University on their Web page and also detail their roster.  We may and I hope we are able to score many points on them and hold them under two TD's.  However, they are now and will be a good football team in years to come.  I know our team will take them seriously. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1