Dave Barnett Interview

TheColonyEagle

This past weekend I was at a high school class reunion.  One of the Board of Regent members was also there.  We were both excited about our huge win over Arkansas. 

I said, “I’m loving this!  Now we have to figure out some way to keep Texas Tech away from Coach Littrell.”  

He looked me squarely in the eye and said, “Texas Tech can’t afford Coach Littrell.”

You may take that however you wish but I think Coach Littrell is with us for a while. 

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

11 minutes ago, ntexeagle said:

This past weekend I was at a high school class reunion.  One of the Board of Regent members was also there.  We were both excited about our huge win over Arkansas. 

I said, “I’m loving this!  Now we have to figure out some way to keep Texas Tech away from Coach Littrell.”  

He looked me squarely in the eye and said, “Texas Tech can’t afford Coach Littrell.”

You may take that however you wish but I think Coach Littrell is with us for a while. 

You think that means they’re already thinking of a new contract for him?  Or that Tech can’t afford the buyout?

18 minutes ago, ntexeagle said:

Love that Regent's moxie.  

Coach is getting everything he's apparently asking for.  I still think he's here minimum 6 years

BEAT LIBERTY!

• Thanks 1

I can assure you of this, are Board of Regents, our AD, and whoever else better be scared of the likes of big time P5 schools. Texas Tech is nowhere near the caliber of a real P5 School.

It's going to be more like maybe Tennessee, University of Texas, or somebody else's real name recognition nationally that we have to worry about.

Based on what s l is doing here, he has a real shot at a program that can be built into a national championship team. Meaning they're from a conference that has the power to take a school to a national championship game.

It's as much the ability to coach in the national championship game as it is the money.