CUSA Report: NT Real Good

aztecskin

North Texas Is The Best Team In CUSA

BY ADAM MARTINEZ ON SEPTEMBER 17, 2018

No, that is not a surprise and the upcoming power rankings will likely confirm the beat writers’ opinions on this.

The title of Clear Best Team is mighty fluid, and shifts yearly. This is normal in college football but even more so in a league like CUSA. Just last year this was FAU, who was a bottom dweller two years before that. WKU had the mantle for a while, and Marshall before that............

4 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

The thing about this team is that I don't think they'll let this go to their head, especially with the need to pay back FAU and w/o a bowl win.

They may slip up, but it won't be from getting complacent.

I agree, which is great. I mentioneded that quality over in the Q&A with the Liberty site http://www.aseaofred.com/q-a-with-mean-green-nation/

The point of discussing the struggles of the offense is to think of how much better this team can play, which is exciting. 

5 hours ago, aztecskin said:

I agree, which is great. I mentioneded that quality over in the Q&A with the Liberty site http://www.aseaofred.com/q-a-with-mean-green-nation/

The point of discussing the struggles of the offense is to think of how much better this team can play, which is exciting. 

I someone disagree on your assessment of the improvement of the LBs. I think the biggest reason for the D’s improvement has been the Dline play, freeing up the LBs to roam and make plays. For sure Gardner has stepped up his game and that has been a big reason also, but the DL has not only commanded double teams but gotten  pressure. 

The most obvious reason for the DL improvement has been the ability to play Young at DE. He is a lot to handle for opponents anyway but paired with a DT in the middle he has been even better. And then we have Hamilton, who transformed his body in the off season and is all over the place pressuring the QB. 

This pressure from the DL and LBs has made our DBs better and directly led to a least two INTs against Ark, including the flea flicker. 

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1