Excuse Me, But Could You Hold The Ladder ...

FirefightnRick

56 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

.....because I’m trying to finally get down from this cloud and I don’t wanna land on anyone?

We’ve had 38 or so hours now to digest what happened Saturday and I’ve thought about what it meant the most to me.  I know what it means for our school and program...but what about myself?

And every happy thought that keeps coming  to my mind reverses back to the look on the faces of our long time suffering members of the Mean Green Nation who were there Saturday...and what they must have been feeling and thinking, and then for those who couldn’t be there as well.

We had Mean Green royalty in the house on Saturday including Mean Joe Greene, Byron Gross, Lance White and Keith Chapman to name a few along with many other lettermen and those around me were just loving every second of it.

I looked around and saw the faces of some of our greatest Greenbloods in history.  Folks like ParksAndRecRick, Adler, NMGreen, UNT90, VeryGreen, KingwoodGreen, Ted87 and so many others and their friends and families.  And again...the looks on their faces was indescribable.  Then I started imagining it in my mind what had to of be the glow on the faces of SUMG, PlumMeanGreen, GrayEagle, Harry, DeepGreen, IslandEagle, MoGreen, Scotty Campbell, Kram1, Evan, meanrob, Emmitt, KingDL, and countless others who couldn’t be there Saturday but are part of a special group of long-suffering fans who have been here, traveling, buying in, and supporting in every type of environment imaginable from the miserable heat to the freezing rain..etc no matter what.  

It was the euphoria on those faces and the look in their eyes and the sound in their voices on the phone afterwards that means the most to me and makes me the happiest and proud to be a part of.

Love you all,

Ricky Paul

It's almost unbelievable but I saw it with my own two eyes (on the television). 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes, I've been at least following the program since the Fry/Blakeley days, and I have to admit that I'm still a bit numb to what I'm seeing out there. From the first series against SMU, I could tell that this is something very different, and I'm still trying to digest it all. As well rounded as this team is, this could be the start of something very special.

• Upvote 4

I attended the USC vs UT game with my older brother. Free tickets, free food, and the eye candy was yummy!  Of course I followed the UNT-UA game on my iPhone, occasionally watching UT when they had the ball.  With each North Texas score, I would proudly show my brother the pounding we were giving the Hogs.  He was duly impressed.

The UT stadium displayed all the football scores throughout the game and I would anxiously wait for the board to show NTs amazing score over Arkansas. I tried to take a picture of it so I could post it here but sadly it was not clear enough.  I had to wonder what all of those 103,000 UT and USC fans thought of our win over Arkansas.  Gosh I was proud Saturday night.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, risinggreen said:

Yes, I've been at least following the program since the Fry/Blakeley days, and I have to admit that I'm still a bit numb to what I'm seeing out there. From the first series against SMU, I could tell that this is something very different, and I'm still trying to digest it all. As well rounded as this team is, this could be the start of something very special.

Same here, risinggreen, same here.  We never saw anything like this in any era did we?

Still envious of our alums who were around during the Mean Joe Greene era when North Texas had from that Mean Green team:

* 3 NFL #1 draft choices & about 14 more who were drafted. 

SUMG once told me he heard Dandy Don Meredith say on Monday Night Football: 

"I'm sure glad we (SMU) didn't have to play those North Texas teams."

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

The UT stadium displayed all the football scores throughout the game and I would anxiously wait for the board to show NTs amazing score over Arkansas. I tried to take a picture of it so I could post it here but sadly it was not clear enough. 

Did they show the score?  I know a bit about that show.  It was not originally on the slate of games to update. 

Exiled to the northeast since 2001 for work.  If it's at work with my North Texas lanyard, mousepad, office decorations or on the golf course with my UNT hat, shirts, wind shirts or rain gear (we play in all conditions), everyone who knows me knows about the Mean Green.  I took good crews to the two Army games up here and now many of them have now adopted the Mean Green as their second favorite team.  My phone lit up on Saturday and since then from all these new North Texas fans!  Can't tell you how great it is to hear "Go Mean Green!" from people who have absolutely no affiliation with the school.  Great time to be a Mean Green fan.  Thanks to all the dedicated fans that made it to the game.  

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1