Arkansas 2019 commits

madmaxx7

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I believe our class is full now.   Recruiting is over for the most part.    Now, it's just keeping in touch with our commits & watching for some dudes to fall through the cracks after NSD and offer blueshirts.

You are correct that we are up to 21 and that has been rumored to be our allotment.  There are some caviats to that however and some interesting tidbits.    Here is a link to the updated list which is at 21: 

Here is a podcast we did last night with @TheReal_jayD and @GMG24 where we discuss the latest commit, some flexibility we may have due to blueshirting and where we stand heading into signing day:

30 minutes ago, UNTMike81 said:

What are the prospects of our staff not honoring offered scholarships if prospect hasn't signed letter of intent, to go and recruit higher rated talent that are interested in committing to UNT in 2019 class?

Early signing isn't until December, so we need to work on retaining who we have and get their name on the dotted line then.  Your idea is not how to win friends in the coaching community.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, UNTMike81 said:

What are the prospects of our staff not honoring offered scholarships if prospect hasn't signed letter of intent, to go and recruit higher rated talent that are interested in committing to UNT in 2019 class?

You can tell the recruit that you're no longer going to be utilizing their position anymore & tell them to look elsewhere.   It's worked before.

But yeah, not cool.

I know it's not cool, and I'm not advocating it. I have to believe the "Big time" programs that are popular and are where recruits want to play that this practice take place. Not out of being the thing to do, but to field best possible team year end, year out.

I would have to believe base on UNT's on field play and our coaching staff that recruits in the past that wouldn't consider UNT are probably having a change of heart. I was just a question.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, UNTMike81 said:

Very very very low chance. The staff has been working for 3 years to mend relationships across #TXHSFB.. they aren't going to risk tarnishing that. They will blue shirt before they pull a scholly.

• Upvote 5

Teams get rid of commits all the time.  Not recommending it, but it is done. 

Sometimes they just quit corresponding with a commit hoping that they will take the hint and go elsewhere.  Others have the talk, something like things have changed and we just don't think you are any longer a fit for this program.  

I really think that NT is going to honor their commitments, but there are usually ways to open up a couple of extra scholarships.   

8 hours ago, UNTMike81 said:

Like I said. I'm all in for 3 Star recruits. I was just inquiring. A few more 3 Star maybe a 4 Star OL recruit wouldn't hurt. Gray Shirt, Blue Shirt, or whatever kind of shirt if possible. Mason Fine and our running game need all the help we can get!!!

Don't worry about the run game.   The Cavalry is on the way.  He's currently demolishing any team he runs against down in the Houston area.

Right now I guess UNT is just in a holding pattern. But I assume if there is indeed a commit or two who get an offer they think they can't resist from a bigger program, then I would assume that SL and co already have some really nice players in the pipeline who they could replace them with.

Arkie actually might recruit well, the "you can be on the field freshmean year,  there is not that much to beat out" argument usually does quite ok with confident young men.

Edited by outoftown