Check ESPN bowl projections

RiseUNT

Gonna' be tough to play on the 26th and then be ready for the semi-final game on the 29th, but I guess we can do it, especially since we don't have to travel very far for the first game! 

The cool thing is we'd play in BOTH the Cotton Bowl and the Cotton Bowl game!

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

The game the started TCU on the road back to football relevance was when they beat an 8-5 USC team in the Sun Bowl. I'm not saying that would do the same for us, but it wouldn't hurt our reputation! 

You follow your college football history very impressively, VideoEagle.  I was at the Ridgmar Mall area Bally’s on a bicycle watching  Dennis Francione’s team school the Trojans.   One of my best friends out here off Bankhead Highway’s (SUMG knows him) son is a professor at USC.  Would love to have him, his wife & A handful of others here in Parker County sit with our group who’d all wear green, of course.  (Got my green on right now matter of fact). 

GMG!

❇️ BEAT LIBERTY CONVINCINGLY!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

my neighbor is a big USC fan and his son is attending it.  Think SMUT fans are bad.

I used to live right down the street from the USC campus.  Their students most certainly have a tendency to express certain entitlements.  I've found their alumni nothing like that of SMU's.  Out in the working world of Los Angeles, I could say I went to UC Irvine, they could scoff and tell me they went to a REAL school, then I'd say, "And here we are, in the same office, with the same job, making the same money," and that would shut them right the hell up.  They don't seem to get the same rampant go work under the cover of daddy's shell company that SMU kids get. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I used to live right down the street from the USC campus.  Their students most certainly have a tendency to express certain entitlements.  I've found their alumni nothing like that of SMU's.  Out in the working world of Los Angeles, I could say I went to UC Irvine, they could scoff and tell me they went to a REAL school, then I'd say, "And here we are, in the same office, with the same job, making the same money," and that would shut them right the hell up.  They don't seem to get the same rampant go work under the cover of daddy's shell company that SMU kids get. 

I have quite a few good friends who are USC people too.  I have a pretty positive view of their fanbase...even though I tend to be more of UCLA guy myself.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, CMJ said:

I live in Los Angeles - though I often run into people familiar with UNT for one reason or another, it's not usually because of sports.  

Because they are 6th largest university in Texas and at one time the 4th largest????

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

3 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

You lived in the ghetto? I thought USC was next to the bad neighborhoods? 

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

You lived in the ghetto? I thought USC was next to the bad neighborhoods? 

USC is just south of the 10 freeway on Vermont.  I lived just north of the 10 freeway on Vermont, which at the time was MS-13 dominated Korea Town.  Since I was married to a Korean, spoke Korean, ate Korean, etc., I was just fine in that neighborhood.  It's totally gentrified Yuppie bajillion dollar a month luxury apartments there now. 

Housing prices in California were pretty much always about 5-7 years ahead of my income curve, so I spent my adult life there living in ghetto neighborhoods.  Got my car smashed in once, my BBQ stolen, and mugged once (Got my money back on that one.  That's a fun story for another time).  Otherwise, I mostly enjoyed my neighbors.  We had a lot of BBQs/parties in the common areas of the apartment buildings, watched each other's kids, etc.  And the food in that neighborhood was second to none.  I miss the food there something fierce.  

I would eventually have had to move though as I wouldn't send the child of my worst enemy to the public schools in that area. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

We had a lot of BBQs/parties in the common areas of the apartment buildings, watched each other's kids, etc.  And the food in that neighborhood was second to none.  I miss the food there something fierce. 

BBQ or grilling?  There's a difference.  Give the wrong answer and you can turn in your Texas card. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Little bit of A, little bit of B.  I'm well aware of the difference. I'm just more of a pork rib guy than a brisket guy, so that makes my Texas card rather fragile. 

Uh, I can somewhat tolerate this, but for the sake of finding secondary measures, how do you feel about Dr Pepper, Blue Bell, Nolan Ryan, and littering?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Uh, I can somewhat tolerate this, but for the sake of finding secondary measures, how do you feel about Dr Pepper, Blue Bell, Nolan Ryan, and littering?

Dr. Pepper was by far my favorite soft drink as a kid, but I somewhere along the line stopped drinking soda entirely. 

Blue Bell's rainbow ice cream was a favorite treat of my daughter's when she was little.  

Nolan Ryan is one of the greatest pitchers of all time.  I saw him pitch this complete game three hitter when I was a kid in Candlestick, and he just absolutely blew my mind (Bonus for it being during the bitchin' rainbow Astro's uniform days).

Littering is for chumps and I avoid it at all costs (though my recycling habits are suspect at best).

• Haha 1