Arkansas fans call for intentional targeting

oldguystudent

Subtract the 7 for the punt return and we still dominated them in every way possible. We were playing backups against a supposed powerhouse. Good times. Also, I wish they would've hit our punt returner. Eject the player and add another 15 yards to further us running it up on a team that paid us big to embarrass them at home.

It makes me smile thinking of their entitled fans posting Friday about the nobody school we are. Scoreboard... Really enjoyed it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

Subtract the 7 for the punt return and we still dominated them in every way possible. We were playing backups against a supposed powerhouse. Good times. Also, I wish they would've hit our punt returner. Eject the player and add another 15 yards to further us running it up on a team that paid us big to embarrass them at home.

It makes me smile thinking of their entitled fans posting Friday about the nobody school we are. Scoreboard... Really enjoyed it.

We dropped a lot of balls yesterday, that score could have been in the sixties, that game was my one of my favorite North Texas games ever to watch.  MIght even be the game that wakes the sleeping giant. 

50 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

We were treated very well.  We stayed late and even ate just down from campus and everyone was complimentary.  Many people asked where our school was located, and had a lot of great things to say about Mason and the team and wished us well.

Rick

That's great to hear, Rick.  Was hoping for that kind of reaction from the Hog fans.  Kudos to them.

• Lovely Take 1

7 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

We dropped a lot of balls yesterday, that score could have been in the sixties, that game was my one of my favorite North Texas games ever to watch.  MIght even be the game that wakes the sleeping giant. 

This one is definitely up there for me too. Texas Tech in 97 near and dear to me becaiouse I was on the field and I'll never forget the bus ride home. (We smiled and joked the entire bus ride home. Even with injuries and beat up.)

However, this team is special. They aren't just winning. They have been dominant through these first three games. The team and university are different now. I've never been so damned proud of UNT. 

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2

I was treated very well by Arkansas fans. I talked to quite a few of them during and after the game. They all had great things to say. Went to 21st Amendment on Dickson after the game and people all said nice things except one kid. Some guy was telling me how good UNT looked when this kid buts in and says "North Texas really ain't that good. No Offense. We are just really bad." I thought about punching him in his mouth, but I had my Mean Green colors on and didn't want to make the school look bad by starting a fight with some big mouth kid that weighed about 120 lbs soaking wet.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, LongJim said:

I'm interested in hearing how UNT fans were treated after the game and when it was getting out of hand.

6 hours ago, LongJim said:

I'm interested in hearing how UNT fans were treated after the game and when it was getting out of hand.

People were friendly all night. Had a few different fans buy me and my friends a drink and they all told us congratulations and to enjoy a great season 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I sat in the east endzone mirrored suites. I was mean mugged from the instant I walked in by a lot of their fans. Was screamed at by probably a 70 year old lady that was sitting 5 rows below me and about 20 seats over, "You need to get out of here! You don't belong here!" 

A couple congratualtory remarks on the way out. But they were said in jest, as in 'good win, we're so bad this year.' 

Don't fret over the old lady's attitude. NorthTexasWeLove, that was just the moonshine talking.

GMG!

10 hours ago, LongJim said:

Sat in the middle of a sea of Hog fans. Nothing but good things to say about the experience with their fans. Had multiple hog fans shout at us as they were walking up to the stadium: "FRY STREET!" Nothing but good times before, during and after the game down on Dickson St.  Wonderful experience. 

post script - ordered some jello shots at a bar after the game. (10 for $10) I asked for green. The girl begrudgingly brought them out and jokingly said: "That will be $30." I pitched her $15 and replied: Looks like your coming up short just like your team today. She laughed. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, LongJim said:

We were approached several times (mostly older fans) and congratulated for playing a good game. Very classy as I'm sure they were humiliated by the loss. I reciprocated by saying that times will get better once Morris gets his type of players (insert QB) here. 

• Thanks 1