Arkansas fans call for intentional targeting

oldguystudent

2 minutes ago, ipd054 said:

I am honestly shocked that it didn't happen.  I know a few coaches that would have been more than ok with 15 yards after that...

I am not endorsing it, as it is an jerk move. Just surprised.

I'm sure that if Ryhan England were an Arkansas player, he would've been front and center, frothing at the mouth, volunteering to deliver the hit.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LongJim said:

I'm interested in hearing how UNT fans were treated after the game and when it was getting out of hand.

Yes, and I could plainly see on the telecast most of my tailgate crew celebrating in the stands. I am sure we will hear.

I have always heard that their fans are great hosts win lose or draw.

They're splitting hairs about the actual fair catch signal, vs all the body language (waiving hands, walking) that usually go with the signal.

The video where the Brewer explains the practice/preparation, and how the ST staff noticed UA players letting up on punt returns when they see the BODY LANGUAGE is up on YouTube for everyone to see.  If they don't want to believe it, that's on them.  If they think the NCAA needs to crack down on the BODY LANGUAGE, rather than roast their staff for not coaching the players to identify the signal, that's on them.

Who's read to talk about Liberty?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, LongJim said:

I'm interested in hearing how UNT fans were treated after the game and when it was getting out of hand.

I sat in the east endzone mirrored suites. I was mean mugged from the instant I walked in by a lot of their fans. Was screamed at by probably a 70 year old lady that was sitting 5 rows below me and about 20 seats over, "You need to get out of here! You don't belong here!" 

A couple congratualtory remarks on the way out. But they were said in jest, as in 'good win, we're so bad this year.' 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, LongJim said:

I was there, most of the fans were nice at the stadium. After halftime I decided to head the shaded side of the stadium, and there was one unruly fan I sat near being an A-hole because they were getting there ass handed to them. I ended up moving again, because he was driving me nuts. But every fanbase has those bad apples. Arkansas has a good fanbase, to bad they aren't going to be showing up to anymore games this season lol

(Also, fair to note. That the stadium cleared out at halftime. I sat all over the stadium)

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Let them wallow in the mud hole we stomped in them.  Every fanbase has one or two of these idiots.  Their problem was hiring Morris.  He isn't the answer for them.  Lot's kf relatives in the state and the majority of their fanbase is great and supportive of UA.

32 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=668170.0

xx.gif
Scuffle on the upper west side...
« on: September 15, 2018, 09:30:39 pm »

Did anybody see the scuffle between a Razorback fan and N. Texas fan? Was it one of you guys?

I hope this is wrong and that our fans represented our school well.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

This play was indicative of poor coaching and lack of discipline by the UA. These guys have been playing football sine Pop Warner days. They know the play is not over until the whistle blows. Watch as they just turn and walk off the field. I read in another post that our special teams coach noticed they did not finish up on punts and used that to our advantage.  UA made numerous errors that were indicative of a poorly coached team.

• Upvote 2

I thought that their fan base was very nice and overall just disappointed in everything they’ve seen so far this season. This was not like going to an LSU game or some of the other crazy stadiums we’ve been to.

Now there was some serious rage on the post game show from the fans Calling  into the station. But that is to be expected. Even then they gave us credit for being a solid team. One guy even mention that we look like the SEC team out there and they looked like the CUSA team with our energy and physical play.

It was fun and good luck to Arkansas the rest of the way!

Go Mean Green

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

As long as the check is made payable to the University of North Texas, let them bitch and moan. Arkansas is the armpit of the south so they're understandably a bitter bunch. 

They can even make it out to NTSU.  I bet we can still cash it.

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, LongJim said:

We were treated very well.  We stayed late and even ate just down from campus and everyone was complimentary.  Many people asked where our school was located, and had a lot of great things to say about Mason and the team and wished us well.

Rick

• Upvote 2