Can we talk about officiating?

JesseMartin

Holding call to bring back our td when the opponent was guilty, if anyone. Contact after a call for a fair catch. And of course targeting Mason's knee on a late hit out of bounds. I hope he is okay after that. The team would have been having to beat the refs as well as our opponent if it wasn't such a one sided game. I'm glad the announcers called it out when these happened as well, but those are some pretty major events to all happen in one half for an officiating staff to screw up without anyone doing anything. They really do seem to have it on their minds that the P5 team should be above us. 

• Upvote 7
  • Lovely Take 3
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, JesseMartin said:

Holding call to bring back our td when the opponent was guilty, if anyone. Contact after a call for a fair catch. And of course targeting Mason's knee on a late hit out of bounds. I hope he is okay after that. The team would have been having to beat the refs as well as our opponent if it wasn't such a one sided game. I'm glad the announcers called it out when these happened as well, but those are some pretty major events to all happen in one half for an officiating staff to screw up without anyone doing anything. They really do seem to have it on their minds that the P5 team should be above us. 

#oldenton 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, JesseMartin said:

bitching about officiating in a 40 point win is so lame 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 7

3 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

#oldenton 

I totally get you because it used to be about what could have happened. But we still won...that doesn't change the fact that they were allowing some crazy shit. That's a dangerous line to tread as an official, especially since it legalizes illegal hits.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

bitching about officiating in a 40 point win is so lame 

Dude...I was wondering where the helmet hit Mason's knee and whether he would be Fine (haha). It isn't about the win...it's about the risk of injury to players. Plenty of players have taken somebody out for a season as "revenge" for getting their asses kicked.

• Downvote 1

There were some piss poor calls.  We knew there would be.  The team did a great job at not letting the holding call which negated the TD, and the multiple PI calls distract them.  We KNEW they would get the calls.  The team did exactly what you're supposed to do.  They built up enough of a lead to where the calls could not affect the outcome without being overtly obvious to the rest of college football. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

lol you obviously are not on ignore. #kned 

I was reinforcing your disdain for the OP.  I should have clarified, as I can see how you might have thought I meant you. I meant the OP. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry I just got here... popcorn line was long!  We all knew there would be some crap calls... it's just the nature of this game in SEC country. I just hope none of our players have any injuries and that we can regroup, stay focused, and get ready for Liberty.

popcorn.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We definitely got some bad calls.  The holding call on the TD was really bad, but a few others were missed. 

Most of the PI calls were correct.  A couple of late hits could have been called.  We also got away with a few things.

For a G5 at an SEC home field, I think we got out pretty fair in the calls.

I'm still amazed we didn't get the interception overturned.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, MootPoint said:

Ah Jesse 😄 Same old Jesse 😄 Good to see you're still on the board though.

haha well thanks...I think! I pop in occasionally. I'm actually a professional comedian now (but poorly paid so I still have other jobs including my art), so my nights are usually full and I don't get online much anymore. Still not sure which acquaintance you are haha. But I do love the weird bunnies you always have as your pics.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, OurRankingisFINE said:

Sorry I just got here... popcorn line was long!  We all knew there would be some crap calls... it's just the nature of this game in SEC country. I just hope none of our players have any injuries and that we can regroup, stay focused, and get ready for Liberty.

popcorn.gif

I love me some popcorn.  Do you prefer microwave or stove top popcorn?

The only penalty on the sideline hit in reference was it being a late hit, which was called.  That it was low was of no consequence since the QB was out of the pocket.  The low-hit rule only applies when in the pocket.  A QB running the ball is treated like any other runner.  The (non) call that got me was allowing Arkansas' Field Goal after the play clock ran out.  It should have been a Delay of Game.

10 hours ago, Rudy said:

I love me some popcorn.  Do you prefer microwave or stove top popcorn?

We all know the OG way to pop some good corn is on the stove... BUT who has the time?! I am an equal opportunist popcorn eater... microwave, stove top, kettle, movie butter, air popped diet kind... it doesn't matter to me! 😂

11 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

We definitely got some bad calls.  The holding call on the TD was really bad, but a few others were missed. 

Most of the PI calls were correct.  A couple of late hits could have been called.  We also got away with a few things.

For a G5 at an SEC home field, I think we got out pretty fair in the calls.

I'm still amazed we didn't get the interception overturned.

I told my parents that the SEC "fix" was in when they called the no-holding holding penalty that reversed our touchdown. Then shortly afterward, they ruled "stands" on our interception that appeared to be a non-interception... Then I said, maybe it's not a "fix." Just poor calls...