UCF TAKING NOTICE OF UNT

Talon90

1 hour ago, JesseMartin said:

Kinda irrelevant and also a far off issue. But UNT and UCF in a NY6 game would be a fun matchup if we both pulled off what is necessary.

Nah. I don't want a G5 championship game while the P5 get their party uninterrupted. Lets both be party crashers this year. Have us both play solid P5 programs and knock them both off. We as the G5 need as many bowl wins over P5s as we can get.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, JesseMartin said:

Kinda irrelevant and also a far off issue. But UNT and UCF in a NY6 game would be a fun matchup if we both pulled off what is necessary.

@GMG_Dallas is right, I believe.  you want as many chances against the top P5 programs as you can get.  P5s not having to worry about ever facing G5s, even undefeated ones, seems to only reinforce their position on the totem pole.

In your scenario, you get what we saw UCF saw last year: a winner's legit claim for the national championship with no system in place that allows them to prove it.

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Nah. I don't want a G5 championship game while the P5 get their party uninterrupted. Lets both be party crashers this year. Have us both play solid P5 programs and knock them both off. We as the G5 need as many bowl wins over P5s as we can get.

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

@GMG_Dallas is right, I believe.  you want as many chances against the top P5 programs as you can get.  P5s not having to worry about ever facing G5s, even undefeated ones, seems to only reinforce their position on the totem pole.

In your scenario, you get what we saw UCF saw last year: a winner's legit claim for the national championship with no system in place that allows them to prove it.

Of course. That's what we would all love to see. But based on the existing system, it's unlikely that either of us will sniff a chance at taking on the top 4. So when it comes down to bowls it's not about taking down a low end P5. It's about rankings. Remember the Boise vs. Louisville Motor City Bowl game? Make it epic and ride it into the next season. Why would we want a game against an unranked p5 if we could have a killer ranked game?

Just keep winning and get the best bowl. That's the focus until deciding on which bowl to take.

2 hours ago, JesseMartin said:

Of course. That's what we would all love to see. But based on the existing system, it's unlikely that either of us will sniff a chance at taking on the top 4. So when it comes down to bowls it's not about taking down a low end P5. It's about rankings. Remember the Boise vs. Louisville Motor City Bowl game? Make it epic and ride it into the next season. Why would we want a game against an unranked p5 if we could have a killer ranked game?

Just keep winning and get the best bowl. That's the focus until deciding on which bowl to take.

It depends how lowly of a P5 you get. I would rather an unranked 8-9 win P5 over a 10-11 win G5 but I'll take the 10-11 win G5 over a 6-7 win P5 only because we've just beat a P5.

5 hours ago, JesseMartin said:

I didn’t know the only options were playoff, undefeated UCF, or lowly unranked P5. My bad.

10 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I will always root for a G5 team beating a P5 team, no matter the circumstances. If anything it improves the reputation of the conferences and gives looks to the rest of the conference, especially the team that pulls out the win. I don't expect there to ever be 6 conferences that are all "even" but I do expect any wins of a G5 over P5 to elevate the perceptions.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JesseMartin said:

NY6 bowls give a bid to one g5 team, it wouldn’t be two. Last year was UCF, year before was WMU, then Houston, and then Boise State.

2 hours ago, meangreenlax said:

I don't want to be a downer but, its so damn early in the season for this. Even if we somehow do go undefeated, a 1 or 2 loss team from AAC or MW would get picked before a undefeated CUSA team, lets be real. 

Not with this offense & Mason Fine.   Too good of a story.   Who thought WMU would have been in a NY6 bowl 3 games into their season 2 years ago?

It is very early however we are checking off a lot of the boxes.

Mason fine is one check.

Crushing an SEC team in their home stadium is another check.

Seth Littrell and his ride to prominence check.

Legendary Mean Joe Greene is yet another story.

Prople love our name Mean Green check.

The punt heard around the world check. 

This team capitalized on it’s opportunities in a delicious way yesterday. And there are more opportunities to come. 

Now Beat Liberty.

Go Mean Green!!!!!

Edited by NM Green
  • Upvote 1

On 9/15/2018 at 10:48 PM, GMG_Dallas said:

Yes and see below.

On 9/16/2018 at 10:56 AM, brooks91 said:

NY6 bowls give a bid to one g5 team, it wouldn’t be two. Last year was UCF, year before was WMU, then Houston, and then Boise State.

Very good point...shit. I keep forgetting they are the "cusp" conference and not the low end of the big boys, plus how the New Year's Bowls realigned. I don't have time to keep up anymore. But even if we both fall short of the NY6 it would be a cool matchup.

• Upvote 1