IF...

emmitt01

35 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

IF we beat Liberty and our team continues to play like they have played the first three weeks, and IF the weather cooperates...might we see the first true sellout of Apogee when La Tech comes to town?

Probably not. Part of an "almost" sellout against SM-who was because the SMUT fans can travel. La Tech, will too, but not nearly as much.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

Probably not. Part of an "almost" sellout against SM-who was because the SMUT fans can travel. La Tech, will too, but not nearly as much.

SMU doesn't travel for shit, even 20 miles away. LaTech travels better and has a better fanbase even though they are further away. Plus they are cool fans. That's a much better opponent fan section in every way.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

are you drunk???

True.   SMU fans CAN travel, but they don't. For a school 40 miles away, they don't bring nearly the amount we send to them when playing in Dallas. 

LaTech actually travels well.  They have a better fan base, and because it’s only 3 hours, usually bring their band.  

Edited by trud1966

Is it too soon to start thinking about this game?  I know we have to handle Liberty but assuming Littrell keeps the guys focused we’ll be looking at a huge matchup against maybe the only team in the west that has a shot.

LaTech typically brings a decent crowd.  We’ll have MEGA momentum with a potential 4-0 record, plus breaking ground on the new indoor practice facility AND the Mean Joe statue unveiling.  

Do the students come out in big numbers?  Do the alumni?  Unless the weather is crap, I can’t IMAGINE it not selling out.  I’ve got plans that day and I’m already trying to figure out how to get out of them so I can go.

Is this the first sellout?

Edited by Mad Hatter
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Is it too soon to start thinking about this game?  I know we have to handle Liberty but assuming Littrell keeps the guys focused we’ll be looking at a mega matchup against maybe the only team in the west that has a shot.

LaTech typically brings a decent crowd.  We’ll have MEGA momentum with a potential 4-0 record, plus braking ground on the new indoor practice facility AND the Mean Joe statue unveiling.  

Do the students come out in big numbers?  Do the alumni?  Unless the weather is crap, I can’t IMAGINE it not selling out.  I’ve got plans that day and I’m already trying to figure out how to get out of them so I can go.

Is this the first sellout?

I think so.  Plus it’s family weekend. I don’t remember  the dealbut  don’t the students get two extra free tickets or something? It’s going to be packed.  Bank on it. 

5 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

May have been better if the Arky win led into the home game, but I don't wanna make excuses for anybody. I want the people to show up and I want the Green to win!

I sincerely believe if we take care of Liberty and roll in at 4-0, it’ll be 105% capacity. Have to advertise the hell out of it.  

First off, yes, it's too early to think about La Tech.  Focus on Liberty.  They are going through tough times right now and had their game cancelled, so they got to watch the game and will have prepared for us for more than a week.  This game still scares me a bit.

That being said, if we win next week, then I think we will sell out.

I really hope UNT is focusing on a marketing blitz right now on ALL social media to get La Tech packed.  And not just the UNT community, this is perfect opportunity to really bridge the gap that always seems to be floating around between UNT and City of Denton.   Seems to me that if Denton would really get behind UNT, be supportive, then it's a win-win for them. Many fans meandering around town are going to throw money at local businesses. 

Denton, help us help you!!  

A. Get the shuttle thing figured out, NOW!  Add more busses, stretch them out so there's a continuous flow coming and going.  

B. Don't wait for UNT to color the town GREEN on homecoming.  Throw some on Denton's own dollars into banners for downtown, banners from light poles, etc  

C. Encourage business owners on the square to wear Green on Fridays (just like the students...) and Saturdays. Offer a slight discount to any customer wearing Mean Green anything on game days.  

The wrestling event after the game at SMU was a huge hit.  I wouldn't have guessed it, but I was proven wrong.  It's going to nicer weather that week, likely cool comfortable evening.  Good opportunity for a fireworks show. Start advertising it now and it'll help get families out there.