Keegan Brewer Punt Return

MeanGreenBuzz

This return is lighting up social media and the national outlets. I was laughing my ass off when I figured out what happened. Bleacher Report linked the video so you can watch it over and over.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2795837-winners-and-losers-from-week-3-of-college-football#slide0

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/15/17860880/north-texas-arkansas-fake-fair-catch-td

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1

I was at the tire shop because of a flat and missed meeting up with the Arkansas fans. We had the game on and customers and employees alike were laughing like crazy and just in awe. That was such a bizarre play!

Ryan Switzer pulled this off when he was at UNC. After the Cowboys drafted him I went back and watched all his replays on youtube and thought it was genius. He tried it on a return when he was with the Cowboys and got his ass smashed.  I must assume someone else at UNT saw that terrific ploy.  It can only be pulled off if you have great coaching.

31 minutes ago, madmaxx7 said:

Ryan Switzer pulled this off when he was at UNC. After the Cowboys drafted him I went back and watched all his replays on youtube and thought it was genius. He tried it on a return when he was with the Cowboys and got his ass smashed.  I must assume someone else at UNT saw that terrific ploy.  It can only be pulled off if you have great coaching.

If you can find video of him doing it, I'd love to watch.  I looked through 3 different Switzer-UNC highlight videos and couldn't find it.  Seems like it would have been in at least one of them.

VID1
VID2
VID3

Well, according to our Hog friends on their website that play will nearly be the end of football.  They just can't believe all the harm that play will cause as future return men are going to get smashed because teams are now aware of the fake fair catch play.   

It violates the spirit of the game in the Hogs eyes.

I expected all the fire the coach threads and how can a crummy team like NT beat the mighty hogs.  I didn't expect such a reaction to the Brewer's play.   If Arkansas had pulled it off, it would be best trick play ever.    

51 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Well, according to our Hog friends on their website that play will nearly be the end of football.  They just can't believe all the harm that play will cause as future return men are going to get smashed because teams are now aware of the fake fair catch play.   

It violates the spirit of the game in the Hogs eyes.

I expected all the fire the coach threads and how can a crummy team like NT beat the mighty hogs.  I didn't expect such a reaction to the Brewer's play.   If Arkansas had pulled it off, it would be best trick play ever.    

Yeah, was reading this on their board, but some of them showed some intelligence.

One even mentioned something like that if only there was some kind of magical device that could signal the end of the play.

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Lovely Take 1

Well I think the stand and the drive are iconic moments in the North Texas Hall of Fame. The punt heard around the world is easily one of the most famous play we have had from a national perspective.  Different category for sure but equally as important.

Beat Liberty

Go Mean Green!!!!!

Edited by NM Green
  • Thanks 3