Top 25 Votes for UNT???

Ken14

I could see a vote or two being thrown our way. But, it will take weeks of running the table for us to land in the AP or Coaches Poll.

Now, if LA Tech can pull off a miracle against LSU, then our match up on the 29th will get some real attention and the winner will be in the rankings.

Edited by Coach Andy Mac
  • Upvote 2

Funny, how every team NT has played so far; is thought to be horrible after the game.   Arkansas and SMU are not great teams, but they are better than they looked against the Green.

Arkansas ia an SEC squad and probably don't have one athlete that was not a higher rated recruit than anyone on the NT team.  SMU is winless, but two ranked teams have not beat them near as bad as NT did.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

But it was a balanced all around ass kicking from Offense to Defense to special teams at the Hogs own house it will mean more than you seem to think.

That's definitely true. Let's just hope it keeps up throughout the seasons. Even Brett Vito suggested an undefeated season already.

31 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Funny, how every team NT has played so far; is thought to be horrible after the game.   Arkansas and SMU are not great teams, but they are better than they looked against the Green.

Arkansas ia an SEC squad and probably don't have one athlete that was not a higher rated recruit than anyone on the NT team.  SMU is winless, but two ranked teams have not beat them near as bad as NT did.  

Honestly, that's some of the worst QB play I've ever seen, especially for an SEC team. 

Now, our D had something to do with that, but still there were a LOT of horrible throws.  Decent QB play would have made a difference in field position, TOP, etc. that could have worn down our team and kept the game close enough that they might have had some fight left in them.

2 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

Honestly, that's some of the worst QB play I've ever seen, especially for an SEC team. 

Now, our D had something to do with that, but still there were a LOT of horrible throws.  Decent QB play would have made a difference in field position, TOP, etc. that could have worn down our team and kept the game close enough that they might have had some fight left in them.

2014 NT v Texas

Just sayin'

• Haha 2

Let’s not get all UTSA after they beat Baylor with top 25 and 12-0 talk. SMU was really bad. UIW is not FBS, and the hogs got beat by Colorado State (who is 0-3 in games not against Arkansas). Let’s support our team and make sure we take care of Liberty, LaTech, and ultimately FAU(who was up 41-7 on us at the half last year).

Call me cautiously optimistic but we we are not a top 25 team. We may well win every game left on our schedule but after being a Mean Green fan for awhile, I will believe it when it happens.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 3

No T25 votes this week.  Strength of schedule is too weak.  Had SMU taken TCU that would have helped, likewise if Ark hadn't choked last week.  Bottom line is we're beating bad teams and FCS teams, and we don't know (and the coaches don't know) how good we really are.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, TripleGrad said:

No T25 votes this week.  Strength of schedule is too weak.  Had SMU taken TCU that would have helped, likewise if Ark hadn't choked last week.  Bottom line is we're beating bad teams and FCS teams, and we don't know (and the coaches don't know) how good we really are.

Not exactly how it works at least in the past.

Maybe for the BCS computer model 

1 hour ago, meaniegreenie said:

I think you are proving my point.   

18 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I honestly think the Mason Fine story paired with an undefeated team gets us some votes in this week’s poll.  Not enough to crack top 25, but maybe 4-5 or so.

I think the trick punt return might get us one or two alone. 

Arkansas went 4-8 last year and lost to a mediocre CSU team last week. It’s no secret the hogs are bad this year.  Huge win for NT but I don’t expect to sniff votes until this team is at least 5-0.  Take each week seriously, don’t overlook anyone, and NT will be ranked before Bowl season.  This could end up being the best NT football season in history...

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

Fun to have this conversation.  When TCU started making its move in the early 2000’s this is how they did it.  It’s not just winning the games you’re supposed to win but dominating them.  The haters would always counter with “but look at who you’re playing” while the TCU fans would say “we can’t help who’s in our conference but we dominate them and we beat whoever we can get to play us in non-conference”.

It took multiple seasons of continued winning and dominating before anyone took them seriously.  Finally the Big 12 came calling.  We could possibly do the same thing over the next few years but I worry about us losing our coach at some point.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, @UNTSportsFan said:

AP voter from Kansas City said he put  North Texas at #25 this week .. so that’s one vote ! 

We need to cheer on every team we beat .. hoping Arkansas can pull out a couple wins this season 

I can get behind cheering on Arkansas. I can get behind cheering on incarnate word. But I REFUSE to cheer on SMU. I'll take the bump in SOS if they win, but I'd still rather see them go 0-12.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1