Tailgating in Ark?

mgfan

19 minutes ago, mgfan said:

This may have been asked and answered,  but will UNT or the Aulmni Association be having a tailgate?  Or any pregame activities?

This is one area I feel like our AD should do a better job of promoting (at least in this instance).

Dillon's family comes through with the big donation and also accurate info on the tailgate location (expand the map to see where the gardens are).

I just had a flashback to the pregame function the last time North Texas played at Arkansas in 2007.

It was hot and there was nowhere to park close to the stadium but we eventually found the Official North Texas Tailgate Party tent. It was nice just to have shade and something cold to drink.

A group of younger alumni, around ten of them, showed up a little wile later happy to find this small green oasis in a sea of red clad hog fans.

Joy quickly turned to frustration and disbelief for them as they were quickly intercepted by the Mean Green Club coordinator who informed them that the soft drinks and the shade were provided only for dues paying members of the Mean Green Club and they were asked to leave.

I was appalled but certainly not shocked because this type of rude behavior was typical for this individual when she wasn't being closely monitored by her boss.  I kept thinking that through ticket purchase and travel those people had made such an effort to support North Texas, and possibly would subsequently turn their backs on the program forever because of the wicked actions of one dreadful individual.

That horrid person is now long gone and this road-trip and tailgate at Arkansas should be significantly better for everyone.

Go Mean Green

Beat the Hogs!

Edited by ADLER
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ADLER said:

I just had a flashback to the pregame function the last time North Texas played at Arkansas in 2007.

It was hot and there was nowhere to park close to the stadium but we eventually found the Official North Texas Tailgate Party tent. It was nice just to have shade and something cold to drink.

A group of younger alumni, around ten of them, showed up a little wile later happy to find this small green oasis in a sea of red clad hog fans.

Joy quickly turned to frustration and disbelief for them as they were quickly intercepted by the Mean Green Club coordinator who informed them that the soft drinks and the shade were provided only for dues paying members of the Mean Green Club and they were asked to leave.

I was appalled but certainly not shocked because this type of rude behavior was typical for this individual when she wasn't being closely monitored by her boss.  I kept thinking that through ticket purchase and travel those people had made such an effort to support North Texas, and possibly would subsequently turn their backs on the program forever because of the wicked actions of one dreadful individual.

That horrid person is now long gone and this road-trip and tailgate at Arkansas should be significantly better for everyone.

Go Mean Green

Beat the Hogs!

And does that name starts with a "M"

As in Mandy