Getting Ready to Ball

Wag Tag

10 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Charter..

Ok fair, I was just curious because I'm an AvGeek and usually those charter flights still show up on sites like those

7 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Don't we normally fly Southwest Charter?

As just mentioned, usually charter flights show up too, and I have it searching from the whole Dallas area. I do also know that our flights to FAU were via Allegiant charter from FTW Alliance.

EDIT: Actually, since I just remembered Allegiant and FTW Alliance, I think I found it: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY4405

Edited by dmaxel

10 minutes ago, dmaxel said:

Ok fair, I was just curious because I'm an AvGeek and usually those charter flights still show up on sites like those

As just mentioned, usually charter flights show up too, and I have it searching from the whole Dallas area. I do also know that our flights to FAU were via Allegiant charter from FTW Alliance.

EDIT: Actually, since I just remembered Allegiant and FTW Alliance, I think I found it: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY4405/history/20180914/2000Z/KAFW/KXNA

According to the Presidents twitter he posted a picture with an Allegiant plane in the background, so that is probably it.

Now my question for the aviators out there. If we can charter a plane out of Alliance why can't we just take one out of Denton?

Edited by GreenN'walinsVet
  • Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

According to the Presidents twitter he posted a picture with an Allegiant plane in the background, so that is probably it.

Now my question for the aviators out there. If we can charter a plane out of Alliance why can't we just take one out of Denton?

Ah, I hadn't seen his tweet yet so that makes perfect sense.

As for why they can't fly out of Denton, I'd have to research that. My initial guess will be that something about the Denton airport is lacking facilities-wise, whether it be the runway length for a jet airliner or some other reason. Denton Airport's largest plane are still tiny Cessna Citation jets (and the like).

UPDATE: Runway length probably isn't it, as the shortest runway that I can find where an A320 still operates from is 5600 ft. Denton's runway is 7000 ft.

Edited by dmaxel
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dmaxel said:

Ah, I hadn't seen his tweet yet so that makes perfect sense.

As for why they can't fly out of Denton, I'd have to research that. My initial guess will be that something about the Denton airport is lacking facilities-wise, whether it be the runway length for a jet airliner or some other reason. Denton Airport's largest plane are still tiny Cessna Citation jets (and the like).

Alliance has a 11,000 ft runway, Denton is about 7,000ft.

2 hours ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Denton isn't the greatest airport for service. Alliance can handle pretty much any aircraft and be Johnnyon the spot. Denton is a good little airport, especially for learning. I've flown into both a lot when I was a flight instructor. Alliance wins. At least they aren't having to bus down to Love, DFW, or Addison. 

I've been holding this back until I was sure the plane had reached it's destination. I guess I can now make the following announcement:

Denton!...Mean Green forward base here...the Eagles have landed!

200w.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, UNTexas said:

Denton isn't the greatest airport for service. Alliance can handle pretty much any aircraft and be Johnnyon the spot. Denton is a good little airport, especially for learning. I've flown into both a lot when I was a flight instructor. Alliance wins. At least they aren't having to bus down to Love, DFW, or Addison. 

4 private planes of UNT fans from Denton heading to Fayetteville to witness the win.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1