Mean Green can launch program to national relevance by beating Arkansas

Harry

Two years ago, North Texas football went 1-11. On Saturday, the Mean Green clinched just the 18th 2-0 start in program history, and first since 1994.

It’s incredible to think how this program has grown. That’s nothing compared to what the Mean Green can accomplish this weekend, as UNT travels five hours east to face off against SEC opponent Arkansas.

read more: 

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2018/09/13/unt-football-mean-green-can-launch-program-to-national-relevance-by-beating-arkansas

I want nothing more than a win over Arkansas on Saturday.  But the fact of the matter is this-  Chad Morris beat the Mean Green twice with AAC level players.  Now he has SEC level players to work with.  Let that sink in.  I hope that our guys rise to the occasion and play lights out.  Fine will get his yardage, but we have to have a running attack and a line to keep the UA defensive line off of Mason.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

I want nothing more than a win over Arkansas on Saturday.  But the fact of the matter is this-  Chad Morris beat the Mean Green twice with AAC level players.  Now he has SEC level players to work with.  Let that sink in.  I hope that our guys rise to the occasion and play lights out.  Fine will get his yardage, but we have to have a running attack and a line to keep the UA defensive line off of Mason.

And Littrell was working with a gun half loaded.  Little depth, roster turnover due to Mac's inability to recruit, etc...

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Morris' SMU team beat us with 1 dude.    Just 1.   That 1 guy leaves, and even if Morris was still there, they'd have lost to NT. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, meangreenlax said:

This whole conversation is making me uncomfortable. Remember when we all roasted UTSA and the media for proclaiming they were going to go undefeated? They put the cart before the horse. Lets not do that. 

I'm expecting us to fight hard against Arkansas. If we pull out a win, the hype is real. If we lose, we're still 2-1 and ready to run into the meat of our schedule. 

THIS THIS THIS THIS

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

5 hours ago, meangreenlax said:

This whole conversation is making me uncomfortable. Remember when we all roasted UTSA and the media for proclaiming they were going to go undefeated? They put the cart before the horse. Lets not do that. 

I'm expecting us to fight hard against Arkansas. If we pull out a win, the hype is real. If we lose, we're still 2-1 and ready to run into the meat of our schedule. 

Yep