Respect and Recognition

philtex

Am I missing something here boys? Not seeing much talk about the sheer magnitude of this game for us long suffering faithful. Yes, I realize that this years Hogs represent no powerhouse. However, I look at this as a major stage and an opportunity to finally gain a bit of respect and recognition. If you just look at recent years where we played a number of non-conference body bag games on the road, along with some match ups with teams that featured more prestigious histories or at least schools that the average fan is aware of, the Mean Green have fallen woefully short.

Florida 32/0, Iowa 62/16, Georgia 45/21, Texas 38/7, Indiana 49/24, LSU 45/14, Iowa 31/14 and #15 Kansas St  a respectable 35/21

Last I looked a couple of days ago, we were listed as 7.5 point dogs. I don't expect this to be easy by any means- but to go into an SEC environment with what I expect will be a decent crowd, and come away with a victory, sporting a 3-0 record would be monumental for this program. (will not make or break our season, but I just think in the context of recent history, it could be a major step)

But then again, maybe I am over-reacting. Either way, cannot wait until Saturday!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

16 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Don't stop the run, only minimize it. We win. 

I would love to see Morris play pass aggressively and gash them for 4 or 5 big runs. At that point, the passing game could start slingin. 

I have a feeling they're gonna rush 3-4 and drop 8-7 all game unless we can make them pay on the ground.

• Upvote 2