Keys to the Game

bdan2002

I don't think we are going to run the ball very well against Arkansas, which I am sure most will agree with.    I would like to see us come out slinging the ball to get an early advantage, put them on their heels and quiet the fans.   Then, control the clock with short passes, mixed in with a few runs to keep them honest.

Is there anyone here that really thinks we are going to be able to run against Arkansas, when we couldn't against SMU and IW ?    We need to run only to set up the pass.  We won't beat them running the ball.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, akriesman said:

I don't think we are going to run the ball very well against Arkansas, which I am sure most will agree with.    I would like to see us come out slinging the ball to get an early advantage, put them on their heels and quiet the fans.   Then, control the clock with short passes, mixed in with a few runs to keep them honest.

Is there anyone here that really thinks we are going to be able to run against Arkansas, when we couldn't against SMU and IW ?    We need to run only to set up the pass.  We won't beat them running the ball.

IF they drop eight, then yes. They would be crazy to challenge us to pass. 

Just now, 97and03 said:

IF they drop eight, then yes. They would be crazy to challenge us to pass

I was thinking that they might at least try and make us beat them on the ground.   If they can control our run game with just the front 3 or 4, we could be in trouble.   Mason is good, but not houdini.

Interesting tidbits. Sounds like they get a lot of guys back this week but most will still be limited. I think that their tackle position could be a little shaky and Rod and Hambone can make some noise. 

I am still concerned about our run game and run defense. If they dare us to run, we must take advantage of it. And which Hog run game will show up? Five yards a carry our 2.2 ypc against an FCS squad?  To me it seems we will have to focus on stopping the run and hope our defensive backfield has a good day. 

9 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I am still concerned about our run game and run defense. If they dare us to run, we must take advantage of it. And which Hog run game will show up? Five yards a carry our 2.2 ypc against an FCS squad?  To me it seems we will have to focus on stopping the run and hope our defensive backfield has a good day. 

I’m hoping this is either a coming out party for our RBs, or a big disaster for ARK’s QBs.  We have the luxury of a smart, fast defense facing very questionable quarterback play.

• Upvote 2