CBSSports has Arkansas on upset alert

SSAACOIC

North Texas at Arkansas

When: Saturday, 4 p.m. ET | Where: Fayetteville, Arkansas | Line: Arkansas -7

Why it's listed: Arkansas is in a precarious situation. It surrendered, in classic BERT fashion, an 18-point second half lead in a Week 2 loss to Colorado State. North Texas, like the Rams, can put up points in bunches. Arkansas has a size advantage, but this is a hangover loss waiting to happen. 

North Texas' key to the game: Protect quarterback Mason Fine. He is valuable but small -- two things that don't often go well together in football. He's the nation's leading passer at 431 yards per game and eclipsed 4,000 yards through the air a season ago. Yet, he is normal sized ("listed" at 5-foot-11 and 185 pounds) which means he is terribly undersized, relatively speaking. Arkansas, meanwhile, is not undersized. Hits like these may turn him into ash. 

Arkansas' key to the game: It must continue to work the ground game. Yes, the Razorbacks have changed offensive philosophies, but running the ball was the best thing they did against the Rams. Lean on it again and it should wear down North Texas' defense. In the final 20 minutes or so, it'll be the difference. 

Pick: North Texas is good enough that Arkansas can't afford to let the past live in the present. The Colorado State loss was rough, but some environmental issues (road game in altitude) can play a factor. Now the Razorbacks are back home. If they're slow out of the gate, they'll be in trouble. ATS: North Texas, SU: North Texas”

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, SSAACOIC said:

Are you an academic? Because they usually go straight to name-calling...

Sorry you made the choice to be offended by a fairly innocuous acronym.

I don’t get offended. I simply answered your snarky reply with an in-kind response. Maybe I could have left off the A, but I didn’t.

And I am not an academic. I am a diplomat. 😉

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

I don’t get offended. I simply answered your snarky reply with an in-kind response. Maybe I could have left off the A, but I didn’t.

show off....don't forget to mention your model wife...

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I thought you were an anti-terrorism agent/spy.

• Upvote 1