Seth On The Jim Rome Show

SUMG

What a great interview of Coach Littrell by Jim Rome. It was about 10 minutes long.  They archive their shows online....I guess today's show will be on there tomorrow. 

You could tell that Rome was really impressed by Coach Littrell....

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SUMG said:

What a great interview of Coach Littrell by Jim Rome. It was about 10 minutes long.  They archive their shows online....I guess today's show will be on there tomorrow. 

You could tell that Rome was really impressed by Coach Littrell....

Rome can really come off as crass quite often, but sometimes his candor is helpful in interviews, like when he reminded coach about NT having it's doors blown off by Portland State the hire, then asking how he got the guys motivated to play after taking over.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, LongJim said:

"Jim, good to have you on the show.  Check that...Chris Everett...good to have you on the show..."

"I'll bet you probably won't say that again..."

"I'll bet I do.  Chris..."

I lived in LA when all that went down.  In fact, I worked in the Rams training camp that year and get the honor and privilege to meet ole Chris Everett several times.  He deserved everything Rome did to him, and that shit was funny. 

• Upvote 3

I'm not a Jim Rhome fan but he did a great job with that interview.  He was prepared, asked good questions, and gave Seth plenty of time to answer.  I learned several new things about Seth ... cookie night ... goes to church Sunday mornings instead of meetings ... good stuff.

At some point we need to have a game day promotion of "Cookie Night". 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I'm not a Jim Rhome fan but he did a great job with that interview.  He was prepared, asked good questions, and gave Seth plenty of time to answer.  I learned several new things about Seth ... cookie night ... goes to church Sunday mornings instead of meetings ... good stuff.

At some point we need to have a game day promotion of "Cookie Night". 

Yes!   Coaches wives bring enough cookies for a sold-out Apogee!!

• Upvote 1

Wow... I'm super busy at work today. Took a minute to listen to this interview between Rome and Seth Littrell. God I hope Seth Littrell loves Denton in UNT. It will be a true shame if we lose this gentleman. We couldn't have a better football coach. Maybe Hayden fry. I'm too young to know the old old coaches.

What a great job our AD and President did by advancing Seth Littrell's career.

I pray everyday we can keep this man as head coach. For like years and years, his whole career. Being a G5 school though, scares the heck out of me. The NCAA and the P5 schools use UNT and schools like us to poach coaches. Sad to say.

Edited by UNTMike81
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTMike81 said:

Wow... I'm super busy at work today. Took a minute to listen to this interview between Rome and Seth Littrell. God I hope Seth Littrell loves Denton in UNT. It will be a true shame if we lose this gentleman. We couldn't have a better football coach. Maybe Hayden fry. I'm too young to know the old old coaches.

What a great job our AD and President did by advancing Seth Littrell's career.

I pray everyday we can keep this man as head coach. For like years and years, his whole career. Being a G5 school though, scares the heck out of me. The NCAA and the P5 schools use UNT and schools like us to poach coaches. Sad to say.

All schools poach other schools coaches with money if they're good, (see Jimbo Fisher from FL. ST. to ATM).

Just win and hire well again.