Official "Making the trip to Arkansas" Thread/Roll-Call

kj86

Me + 14 

my youngest is a sophomore at Arkansas

rented a house 10 minutes from campus. 

Friday will be busy on Dickson but better than Saturday. 

Parking will be a bitch. All lots around campus for season ticket holders. Most parking off site with shuttles.  Still working on thoughts but game day is tough on traffic 

If interested their is a 5k run walk that my daughters sorority has on campus (pi phi) on Saturday morning. As you may know it’s parents weekend. 

More on places to eat in different thread 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I would recommend parking at Baum Stadium (baseball) for free and taking the shuttle over to the football game. With the loss last week, not sure how less-than-normal crazy it will be. But I would probably get there 2 hours before the game if you want a guaranteed spot.

There are paid parking spots all over the place closer to the stadium if you want to walk around and see things though.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kj86 said:

Post your plans here.

Me + 5 staying at an airbnb on Beaver Lake.  Going up Friday morning.

What are people doing Friday night?

Has anyone heard if the alumni assoc or AD or whoever is having any pregame tailgate event?

What are your plans for parking?

StubHub has tickets in lots for as low as $6. Not sure if that's a good idea or if its reserved. Was thinking about buying a $6 lot ticket and not being too disappointed if it's sold out before I get there.

Driving up Saturday at 6a from Plano.  I'm staying at the Hampton Inn Bentonville/Rogers on Saturday night.

I just got an email from the ticket office saying to swing on up to Denton to pickup tickets or to pick them up at Will Call at the stadium.  🙄  No idea where I'm sitting, I asked for lower bowl visitor section.  Has anyone picked theirs up yet? Why can't they just email me the tix?

I've heard nothing about an alumni association or AD Tailgate. I'd join along with the lady. We'll bring beer!

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to this one for a while. Traveling from Houston Friday night with the wife and kids.  Driving to McAlester Friday night and in to Fayetteville  Saturday morning.  Staying in Ft Smith Saturday night. 

I purchased Parking on StubHub this afternoon and they are being sent overnight arriving tomorrow.  

• Thanks 1

• Harry featured this topic

Me +8. I took of work on Friday, so driving up Friday morning.

Most likely going to Dickson Friday night.

Staying at a Airbnb rental house, close to campus.

Parking at the Airbnb, my sister is a Senior at Arkansas and is also an RA at one of the dormitorys close to the stadium, I guess RA's get to park at the dorms on game day when students have to move their cars. So she she'll pick us up and we'll park at the dorms, then walk.

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 1

I live in Fayetteville and am taking my wife and son. We are going with neighbors and family (all Hog fans), 10 of us total. We are in Section 101 as it is the first section in the shade. I would highly recommend sitting on the home side as it can be brutal in the sun. Due to the fact I live here and it’s a good time, we have a reserved tailgate spot just North of the stadium on “the hill”.  I’ve been talking trash all season, so I really need us to win. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

Taking 4 with me and meeting my brother and two others in Fayettville. Renting a SUV and driving up game day and back. Arkansas folks advised to park at the baseball field and shuttle to the stadium. Hope to see the Alumni folks there!

GO MEAN GREEN!

4 hours ago, texmusic said:

I purchased Parking on StubHub this afternoon and they are being sent overnight arriving tomorrow.  

Did the same... I'm assuming they dont oversell the individual lots since they're all UofArk Season Tix parking? Big fingers crossed on that. UPS says the parking pass will be here Thursday.