Official Arkansas Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

Until last year where they had the 48th best class their previous three classes were ranked in the top 27. Make no mistake there will be a talent discrepancy and Morris is very familiar with our scheme. I would like to see us win but I still think from what I saw last week our front seven will be outmatched against their offensive line and they will control the clock.

31-17 bad guys. Please prove me wrong boys.

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, golfingomez said:

Do you think we are going to stick with a normal 3 man front against Arky? I'd have to imagine if their gameplan is to run it down our throats we would put a fourth man on the line.

I would expect King/JoJo to be up close or on the line in run support. 

8 hours ago, golfingomez said:

Do you think we are going to stick with a normal 3 man front against Arky? I'd have to imagine if their gameplan is to run it down our throats we would put a fourth man on the line.

Exactly what you don’t want to do. Put another guy on the LOS who can get double teamed and hammered by 700+ lbs all day. That’s what EIU and CSU have done and they were hammered up front. Instead, we will stick with 3 man and move all over the place which should screw up those big OL ability to get locked in. It’s much harder to hit a moving target.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Exactly what you don’t want to do. Put another guy on the LOS who can get double teamed and hammered by 700+ lbs all day. That’s what EIU and CSU have done and they were hammered up front. Instead, we will stick with 3 man and move all over the place which should screw up those big OL ability to get locked in. It’s much harder to hit a moving target.

We only rushed for 100 yards against EIU, our run game against them was pathetic.  CSU's run defense is atrocious, it made us look better than we are. 

I'm really trying to block out 20 years of watching UNT in these games.....

But I'm going to look at this objectively. 

I think SMU had more talent on the field than we have (if you go by recruiting standards) They had P5 talent all over that D.

We out prepared them and had an advantage in that we knew where we were going and they didn't. What happened in that game is what I thought would happen....they were trying to work out some issues and we were locked in our system and they couldn't react....even with perhaps better talent (on paper)

I think Mason Fine will be the best QB in that stadium on Saturday and it won't even be close. And in his words he'll be as prepared as he's ever been. 

Arkansas has the dangerous combination of trying to work out kinks in new systems AND having the pressure of living up to their SEC affiliation. All the pressure is on them. We have none. All this while dealing with an elite QB that knows exactly what he's doing. Our staff is legit. These players are prepared. I don't think it's going to take much for Arkansas to get frustrated....then they're going to look up and realize they're getting beat by an "inferior" team...then doubt is going to creep in...then Mason is going to pop them again....and it's going to snowball.

We build momentum....they quit.....

I expect boos from that crowd on Saturday.

Despite how bad CUSA is right now.....I think the Mean Green get in the NY6 conversation on Saturday. Mason Fine introduces himself to the rest of the nation.

UNT 52

Arkansas 31

• Lovely Take 2
  • Ray 1

On 9/11/2018 at 2:43 PM, golfingomez said:

UNT - 52

Arky - 17

This team ain't frontin no games. 

8 off

On 9/11/2018 at 3:56 PM, glick1980 said:

41-17 MEAN GREEN!!!

3 off

On 9/11/2018 at 9:10 PM, risinggreen said:

41-14 Us.

We dominate early, and the crowd boos before exiting. 

6 off

On 9/12/2018 at 9:07 AM, PokeyPig said:

UNT survives first quarter "we're pissed about CS and going to take it out on you" mentality from UA.  The Hogs look at the scoreboard at the start of Q2 and it's even at 10.  Crowd begins to get frustrated as yet another UA drive stalls, team starts to visibly show the signs as well - slumped shoulders, after play pushing...  

UNT, sensing blood in the water, starts the drive at their 12 and marches down the field like a hot knife through butter.  Takes the lead 17-10 and never looks back.  Crowd retreats to tailgate positions at the Q3/4 break.

UNT 48

UA 20

7 off

On 9/12/2018 at 10:06 AM, KingDL1 said:

North Texas : 42

Razorbacks : 16

3 off

@glick1980 Ties to win 

Ha with your's truly if I did my math correctly 

On 9/12/2018 at 9:07 AM, PokeyPig said:

UNT survives first quarter "we're pissed about CS and going to take it out on you" mentality from UA.  The Hogs look at the scoreboard at the start of Q2 and it's even at 10.  Crowd begins to get frustrated as yet another UA drive stalls, team starts to visibly show the signs as well - slumped shoulders, after play pushing...  

UNT, sensing blood in the water, starts the drive at their 12 and marches down the field like a hot knife through butter.  Takes the lead 17-10 and never looks back.  Crowd retreats to tailgate positions at the Q3/4 break.

UNT 48

UA 20

I was a little wrong on the fans leaving, it was closer to half.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

8 off

3 off

6 off

7 off

3 off

@glick1980 Ties to win 

Ha with your's truly if I did my math correctly 

Hats off to all you guys referenced in this post.  Got to be honest...I thought all of you were nuts picking a UNT blowout.  I predicted a win and to my credit I was pretty close on our score (if we hadn't scored in the 2nd half).  I've never been so happy to be wrong.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1