Official Arkansas Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

NT is 2-0 for the first time since we returned from D-1AA!!!   
NT is extremely confident and hungry to show the first 2 games aren't flukes.  And make no mistake, the guys see a wounded Arkansas team as a prime target to put C-USA & the rest of the college football world on notice.

The Hogs are scrambling after a wild collapse/loss to a poor Colorado State team, and had a tougher time than they should have against Tony Romo University.
Their offense was rolling on the ground last week (of course they were, that's how they were built by Bielema!), but once they started trying to put the ball in the air, they ran into problems.
I expect they return to the run game to avoid the "embarassment" of losing to a G5 school at home... regardless of if that G5 school is a friggin offensive juggernaut with a Davey O'Brien Finalist (make no mistake, he will be) running the show.

I see the offense being slowed down a little due to shaky offensive line play against the Arkansas front 7.  I don't believe we're going to score in the 50's again... but after watching the first 2 games for NT, and looking at Arkansas' results, I wouldn't put the 40's out of the question.

Cole Hedlund has a big day as we stretch the field quite a bit, but get bogged down in the red zone due to our inability to run the ball against a SEC defense.
Arkansas runs the ball well, but we come away even more impressed with our defense's (especially the linebackers') ability to get key stops when needed.

UNT: 37
Arkansas: 30

And with a 3-0 start, paired with the obscene offensive production, the media takes notice...  let the top 25 votes begin.   (Not saying we'll be ranked, but we'll get a handful of votes.)

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

Arky  48

UNT 33

Arky will get most of the breaks and all of the calls in Fayetteville. The loss at CSU gets their attention and Morris tells his biggest wide receiver that he will be used as their "Courtland Sutton" against us. They won't stop us, but their size and depth wear us down late in the second half.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

Mean Green finally gets its run defense tested and falls behind which puts us into a catch up mode with passing -- leading to interceptions and bad time of possession. 

NT: 14

UA: 35

My dream world of getting out front and staying out front without turnovers. 

NT 35

UA: 14 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

Just now, Sig381 said:

Arkansas will be ready and they will run the ball all over us. we will keep it close but the home field and most the calls will go their way. 

Ark: 41

UNT:30

You bring up a valid point about the refs -- ALL of the calls are going there way! 

I get that some of you are still gun shy and beaten by years of UNT fandom, but this team is different.  People mention better depth for UA.  We are the deepest we have ever been.  Others mention their running game getting us...not going to happen, refs calls...well, games today are televised and there is much less chance getting jobbed.

NT 38

Ark 25

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cooke County Kid said:

Hedlund kicks a 47 yard FG with 12 seconds left and the good guys go ahead breaking a tie game

41-38

Fine throws for 428 yards 4-TDs and no interceptions.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

BEAT the hogs

The meltdown this would cause would be priceless.