Vote Mason Fine for Davey O'Brien Award!

Talon90

I smell a kind of "the fix is in" kind of shenanigannery with CFU's dramatic upsurge. 

Some in the western part of the  Metroplex do not want a QB from North Texas to fare well with their award.  Ask FFR...he'll tell you about the politics on this side of DFW.  

Me'thinks Central Florida has probably received some good ol' Lone Star State hospitality, but I'll still vote for #6 for the 4'th day in a row next 24 hour cycle because when it concerns Mason Fine.............IT AIN'T OVER TILL IT'S OVER! 

If everyone who was at the Arkansas game today in Fayettville & we who watched it on TV would all vote...MASON FINE WOULD BE BACK IN THE LEAD!  LET'S DO IT!

I just voted, again. People! Wake up! Vote!

Just now...

UCF                  813    55%

Mason             388     26%

As Plumm said above, something doesn't smell right.  They must have had a coordinated crowd  vote at their game yesterday.

200.gif

EDIT: Ooops! Made a mistake...UCF's game yesterday was postponed due to weather. You know what happens when you assume. On the other hand, that just deepens the mystery!

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Confused 1

Just now voted again. 1st: UCF 1190 (62%); 2nd: Mason 444 (23%); 3rd: TCU 56 (3%); and, 28 others with votes aggregating 12%.

Hmmm...TCU horse moving on the outside? UCF racking up votes bigly?

On 9/12/2018 at 5:50 PM, Greenrex said:

I just now sent this email to

Rob McInturf
Executive Director, UNT Alumni Association

Hello Robert,

I’m wondering if a mass email could go out to our members inviting them to cast a vote for one of our own. The thing is, there are so many who would willingly take this action for our good cause and we are truly blessed to have Mason. It is my great hope that we make a collective attempt to test the Heisman Trophy possibilities and the Davey O’Brien Award can be an important line on his resume! Thanks so much for your effort. We all appreciate it!

This posting for the Go Mean Green site   is a good reference:

https://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/131763-vote-mason-fine-for-davey-obrien-award/

All the Best.

Rex Winn, Life Member

Reply:

Hi Rex,

Hope you had a great weekend and that you enjoyed the big win on Saturday! We are thrilled with the hot start to the season and confident that Coach Littrell and team will keep it going. I will be visiting with our colleagues in the athletic office about their plans and potential coordination of efforts for any promotions/campaign for Mason Fine in regard to Davey O'Brien Award, etc. I think we are on our way to a special season!

Thank you for your Life-Membership in the Alumni Association and for your passion for the Mean Green!

Kind regards,

Rob McInturf
Executive Director
UNT Office of Alumni Relations
University of North Texas Alumni Association
1155 Union Circle #311220
Denton, TX 76203-5017
Robert.McInturf@unt.edu

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

5 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

If FAU pulls off the upset here, Mason Fine gets a bump. We actually need FAU to win.

FAU could win, & Milton could still have a good game.   
We need Milton to have a stinker game or two before his support dies down.
The selection committee is just patronizing fans with this poll here.  I doubt it makes much of a difference in their minds.  I mean, Trace McSorely has 1 vote.  Just 1!