Vote Mason Fine for Davey O'Brien Award!

Talon90

Vote Mason Fine for Davey O'Brien Award

First Round
Beginning Monday, Sept. 10, fans may vote once DAILY per registered email address for any of the FBS starting quarterbacks until the voting closes at noon CT on Sunday, Nov. 4. The Fan Vote results will be combined with the votes from the Selection Committee to identify the 16 semifinalists.

Semifinalists
The 16 semifinalists will be announced Tuesday, Nov. 6. Beginning that day, fans will be able to vote once daily until the voting closes at noon CT on Sunday, Nov. 18. The Fan Vote results will be combined with the votes from the Selection Committee to identify the three finalists.

Finalists
The three finalists will be announced on Tuesday, Nov. 20. Beginning that day, fans will be able to vote once daily until the voting closes at noon CT on Sunday, Dec. 2. The results will be combined with the votes from the Selection Committee to identify the winner.

Winner
The 2018 Davey O'Brien winner will be announced on The Home Depot College Football Awards on ESPN on Thursday, Dec. 6. He will be honored at the 42nd Annual Davey O'Brien Awards Dinner in Fort Worth, Texas, On Feb. 19, 2019.

2018 KEY DATES

Semifinalist voting (all 130 NCAA Division I FBS QBs are eligible)
- Fan Vote opens: Tues., Sept. 4 at 12:01 a.m. CT
- Fan Vote closes: Sun., Nov. 4 at 12 noon CT
- 16 Semifinalists announced: Tuesday, Nov. 6

Finalist voting (only Semifinalists are eligible)
- Fan Vote opens: Tuesday, Nov. 6
- Fan Vote closes: Sun., Nov. 18 at 12 noon CT
- 3 Finalists announced: Monday, Nov. 19

Round 3: Winner voting (only Finalists are eligible)
- Fan Vote opens: Tuesday, Nov. 20 (after Finalists are announced)
- Fan Vote closes: Sun., Dec. 2 at 12 noon CT
- Winner announced: Thursday, Dec. 6, at the Home Depot College Football Awards Show, on ESPN

Edited by Talon90
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

Voted! As of my vote...Mason is behind by only one percentage point...35% to 34% for first place. Thanks for posting this . I had no idea we could vote for Mason. Let’s get him in first place folks. You can vote once per day!

• Thanks 1

I just now sent this email to

Rob McInturf
Executive Director, UNT Alumni Association

Hello Robert,

I’m wondering if a mass email could go out to our members inviting them to cast a vote for one of our own. The thing is, there are so many who would willingly take this action for our good cause and we are truly blessed to have Mason. It is my great hope that we make a collective attempt to test the Heisman Trophy possibilities and the Davey O’Brien Award can be an important line on his resume! Thanks so much for your effort. We all appreciate it!

This posting for the Go Mean Green site   is a good reference:

https://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/131763-vote-mason-fine-for-davey-obrien-award/

All the Best.

Rex Winn, Life Member

Edited by Greenrex
typo
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2