From Hogville.Net: "I honestly think that we blow out North Texas!"

PlummMeanGreen

7 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

I have to give them credit.  They have one of the more level-headed fan boards I have seen.  

They weren't that way when we last played them. They've had years of mediocrity to help them along this journey. They were on the cusp of something great -- then it all went away in scandal of infidelity and motorcycle crashes. 

• Lovely Take 1

12 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

They weren't that way when we last played them. They've had years of mediocrity to help them along this journey. They were on the cusp of something great -- then it all went away in scandal of infidelity and motorcycle crashes. 

Stuff keeps happening to the Pig People. They haven't been a significant player in the National Championship race since they left the SWC. Their recruiting base shrank significantly and just playing A&M again hasn't built it back. 

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

People wonder why athletic departments and leadership choose to do the wrong and immoral thing to succeed.  Arkansas is a prime example of how doing the moral thing gets punished.

Arkansas fires Petrino, everyone moves on from the story, they never recover.

Penn State doesn't do the right thing, everyone moves on from the story, they are just fine.

Baylor doesn't do the right thing,  everyone moves on from the story, they are just fine.

UNC doesn't do the right thing,  everyone moves on from the story, they are just fine.

Ohio State doesn't do the right thing,  everyone will move on from the story, they will be just fine.

For the record, I am still 100% committed to us doing the right thing even if we never find major success.   The willingness of fans and alumni of this big programs to put up with anything, up to murder and child rape,  isn't surprising but it's disgusting.  

3 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

People wonder why athletic departments and leadership choose to do the wrong and immoral thing to succeed.  Arkansas is a prime example of how doing the moral thing gets punished.

Baylor doesn't do the right thing,  everyone moves on from the story, they are just fine.

I dunno about this one.  If "just fine" = "back to the big12 basement", then I suppose so.

37 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Penn State doesn't do the right thing, everyone moves on from the story, they are just fine.

UNC doesn't do the right thing,  everyone moves on from the story, they are just fine.

Ohio State doesn't do the right thing,  everyone will move on from the story, they will be just fine.

For the record, I am still 100% committed to us doing the right thing even if we never find major success.   The willingness of fans and alumni of this big programs to put up with anything, up to murder and child rape,  isn't surprising but it's disgusting.  

Unfortunately, there is too much money in this game for the NCAA to ever consider the death penalty again.

50 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

North Carolina may well be vacant at the end of the year, if not before. 3-9 last year. 0-2 start this year that includes a 22 point loss to ECU, the same ECU that lost to FCS North Carolina A&T the week before and hasn't won 5 in a season since 2015 and hasn't had a winning record since 2014.

Edited by Arkstfan

1 minute ago, Arkstfan said:

North Carolina may well be vacant at the end of the year, if not before. 3-9 last year. 0-2 start this year that includes a 22 point loss to ECU, the same ECU that lost to FCS North Carolina A&T the week before and hasn't won 5 in a season since 2015 and hasn't had a winning record since 2014.

The UNC "Paper Classes" scandal included the basketball team.   The BB team is probably going to do just fine.  

30 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

does litrell have any eligibility left, he looks like he still play and we need help in the running game.

If his coaching career ever stagnates he just needs to release a workout video.  He always looks like he just came off a good gym day...

giphy.gif

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

Welcome to my personal hell...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

actually curious, what was the right thing in each scenario? and in Arkansas's case, was that the right thing?

Edited by golfingomez

29 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

actually curious, what was the right thing in each scenario? and in Arkansas's case, was that the right thing?

For us, as much as our fanbase can't see it, Petrino left Jeff Long no options.  He lied to him.  You can't lie to your boss, you leave him no option.  If he'd of just told him the truth I think they could have worked around it, even came up with some bs about the girl being qualified for the job, blah blah blah.  But he straight up lied to him and got caught.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, PokeyPig said:

For us, as much as our fanbase can't see it, Petrino left Jeff Long no options.  He lied to him.  You can't lie to your boss, you leave him no option.  If he'd of just told him the truth I think they could have worked around it, even came up with some bs about the girl being qualified for the job, blah blah blah.  But he straight up lied to him and got caught.

Also tried to bribe an Arkansas State Trooper to cover it up lol

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

CSU had one receiver that killed them in the CSU game.  He was number 11 on the CSU team.  The problem I see is we have five or more of those #11 on this team.  They cant double team everyone.

If Greenlaw plays it will really help us, but our coverage is, and has been for along time, crappy.  I fear 3rd and 12 more than 3rd and 4.

Dad played at Arkansas in the early 40's, entire family is from that beautiful state (I'm the first Texan), grew up loving the Razorbacks, still have family all over the state, etc..., but they are a distant second to how I feel about North Texas.  It will be so much fun wearing my North Texas gear at the next family reunion.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Ray 1