Will the 400 Member UNT Green Brigade Marching Band Go To Arkansas?

PlummMeanGreen

3 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

What school is going to take a 400 + member band to an away football game the distance of Fayetteville?   I doubt any university for a non-conference game.  

As far as advertising for NT,  there are a lot of better ways to promote the University than a football game.   I doubt any of the Arkansas fans there are going to be so enamored with the band that they want to go to school in Denton.    

Now win the game and some folks will be impressed.  

Voice of reason. 

• Ray 1

4 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

What school is going to take a 400 + member band to an away football game the distance of Fayetteville?   I doubt any university for a non-conference game.  

As far as advertising for NT,  there are a lot of better ways to promote the University than a football game.   I doubt any of the Arkansas fans there are going to be so enamored with the band that they want to go to school in Denton.    

Now win the game and some folks will be impressed.  

You got that right.😉  I couldn't believe my ear Saturday. The Grand Entrance (🙄) was, as usual, the tired ole National Emblem march.   The feature tune at half time was the Mickey Mouse club song?  They couldn't have been more ironic in their musical choice.......😙

19 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

You got that right.😉  I couldn't believe my ear Saturday. The Grand Entrance (🙄) was, as usual, the tired ole National Emblem march.   The feature tune at half time was the Mickey Mouse club song?  They couldn't have been more ironic in their musical choice.......😙

Did they really play Mickey Mouse?  I heard them practicing it when I walked in. 

Edited by Rudy
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, 97and03 said:

GMG:

Thread #1: OMG THE BAND SUCKS!!!!!11!!!

Thread #2: OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE THE BAND WON'T BE IN ARKANSAS!!!!!!!1!!!

Response to Thread #1:  THE BAND IS SO EMBARRASSING!!!!1!  NO SHOWMANSHIP & KHAKI SHORTS!!!!1!
Response to Thread #2:  OUR BAND IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE NATION!1!!!  THEY SHOULD BE THERE!!!1!!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mike Jackson said:

To all the naysayers citing money. You can use some orlf same financial/marketing logic to keep a Mean Green team at home for bowl season if we don't our division or Conference.  

I think I know what you are saying and this is apples to brussel sprouts.

National Emblem has been used at UNT since NTSTC, at least. It's more of a tradition than Fly is, certainly.

Still, the Mickey Mouse March choice is ... odd. Unless Dr. Williams is trolling, in which case I can fully respect that. 

The entrance has improved. In that there is a semblance of one. I do like the attempt to get the fans to learn the band cheers, but UNT needs to use unique ones - not the same ones every band at every level except pro uses. Hell, even UTEP does a great job of this, their Out in The West Texas Town to the theme of Texas Fight is absolutely superb.

I don't have to expand on the fact that UNT has a slightly higher music rep than UTEP has, right?

Notice: This whole conversation goes into the folder of "Extraordinarily Good Problems to be Bitching About."

2 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Someone asked about what other CUSA Bands do for pre-game. Here is So. Miss. 

This is an official USM video production.

When is the UNT school of music going to produce a similar video for the Green Brigade  and their FABULOUS  pre-game show?

MGRN said we have 450 in the Green Brigade instead of the 400  per title of thread.

if the GB would double up on those energy drinks pre-game it would set in motion the kind of infectious spirit we need the crowd to start out with. 

Always agree with you, SE. on this subject.

GMG!