Attendance?

shootermcgavin44

patheic , the weather was very pleasant for the game. Not to hot not to cold.  Our fans are weenies. I dont care who we are playing we need to show up.  I could not understand the lack of attendance last night.  There are chairbacks that sat empty.  I hope we show up for the next home game because it will be a big game for us.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 3
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

patheic , the weather was very pleasant for the game. Not to hot not to cold.  Our fans are weenies. I dont care who we are playing we need to show up.  I could not understand the lack of attendance last night.  There are chairbacks that sat empty.  I hope we show up for the next home game because it will be a big game for us.

It was the weather and somewhat the opponent.

Also keep in mind for those that don't live in Denton, most of the DFW  area had hard rain all day and it was still raining hard at the beginning of the game.  Denton was just at the edge of that at game time where it was still lightly raining. I thought the attendance was much better that I was expecting. 

12 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Also keep in mind for those that don't live in Denton, most of the DFW  area had hard rain all day and it was still raining hard at the beginning of the game.  Denton was just at the edge of that at game time where it was still lightly raining. I thought the attendance was much better that I was expecting. 

Totally agree, TB !

I still look forward to the day that our culture changes to the extent that weather has no effect on our crowd.  I think of all those Big 10 fans filling their stadiums in miserable conditions all sitting in the snow.  

I cant wait for our CUSA opener against La Tech  with the Mean Joe Greene statue unveiling before the game..  LTU will probably bring some fans since they all have revenge on their minds!

GMG! 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

I still have not seen an official count.

It was actually better than I thought considering the weather. 

Anyone know the official number?

From pics I saw of the SMU-TCU game we didn’t do so bad.

Granted, Incarnate Word was never going to get casual fans out to Apogee, but one alum told me last night:  “Why care who the opponent is—come support “OUR” team.

• Upvote 3

Man. It drizzled just a little until a few minutes very early into the 1st qtr then the weather was perfect the rest of the night. 

Every website, people in here. Even the AD tweeted: “rain until kickoff then it stops”. That’s exactly what it did. 

Those that let the weather scare them off were wrong. 

15 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Man. It drizzled just a little until a few minutes very early into the 1st qtr then the weather was perfect the rest of the night. 

Every website, people in here. Even the AD tweeted: “rain until kickoff then it stops”. That’s exactly what it did. 

Those that let the weather scare them off were wrong. 

After a full day of rain, casual fans are going to go with what it is doing outside when they need to leave vs some off chance the weather clears up at right at game time. It silly to think otherwise with our fanbase, hell it even seemed threatening of never stopping at game time and the truth is no one really knew what the weather was going to do for sure, it could have rained the whole game.. I do hope the hardcore fan changes and gets larger.  That was not  a game day to bitch about attendance. 

1 hour ago, KingDL1 said:

Of course the green blooded heartbeat of the Mean Green Nation was there as always.

IMG_8115.JPG.c2612fed798e11a1a375f00f2a2466d8.JPG

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

The big toe, or Achilles heel, of the Mean Green Nation did not represent. We had 20 for the week 1 tailgate, 3 for this one (a fourth and fifth made it to the game, but missed the tailgate). About a third of our "regulars" did not attend NT.

Not a complaint, but an observation: our fan base, though growing, still struggles with home games two weeks in a row. Early in the season, we get a great turnout for a hated "rival" with some perceived (but way in the past) CFB gravitas. We get a weak turnout for a program with little CFB history, none against North Texas, on a day it rained up until game time. Our tailgate representation was representative of that mindset.

I did comment that the tailgaters were more numerous than expected while it was still raining, so we are growing that baseline, IMHO.

I appreciate the Copeland family for bringing 60.

Question: what would attendance have been for the two games, same weather for each, but had the UIW game been the opener? My guess: 23,722 for the opener, 24,018 for the $SMU game.

GMG

Edited by untcampbell
grammar correction
  • Upvote 3