Arkansas

ABrownGMG

1 hour ago, Mean Green Fan4Life said:

They (Arkansas) gave up 25 unanswered points to lose the game. While, their rushing game looked better today, their defense is not very good this year (certainly not good enough to be competitive in the SEC).   We will turn a lot of heads next week and I'm even more confident after today's games.  Go Mean Green!

Looked like a carbon copy of the last two years. Defense and run game were dominant in first half but had to settle for FGs, then defense gives up in second half while passing game isn’t good enough to build on the lead and eventually they come all the way back to win.

Not expecting to win next week. Really depressing that there wasn’t a noticeable difference from Bielema.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

11-1.  Proves they have been inconsistent, not awesome. I take "a couple of years ago" to mean two or three.   Our last three years are pretty close to their three prior to last year. 

Ok Im sorry. We have to have one season being ranked in this century before we can start talking about strength of schedule.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I just don’t see a win.  I wanted to believe, but tonight’s game didn’t give me that faith.  

We still can’t open holes in the running game and Mason spent WAY too much time bailing out of the pocket because Incarnate Word defenders were getting through.  I don’t believe we have the O-line to get the job done.

I see a win with Fine. Hard to say one guy can be a difference maker, but Fine is stupid scary to any defense.

Running game does concern me. I think Smith needs to be backup RB. I'm not to impressed with him. More impressed with Torrey. 

And I thought we had some people on the oline out? That's not our starting/complete oline from my understanding.

I can see a win, but we need to come out guns blazing from the first tick on the clock. We can't be larthagic in the first quarter.

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Hogfan14 said:

Looked like a carbon copy of the last two years. Defense and run game were dominant in first half but had to settle for FGs, then defense gives up in second half while passing game isn’t good enough to build on the lead and eventually they come all the way back to win.

Not expecting to win next week. Really depressing that there wasn’t a noticeable difference from Bielema.

Welcome to UNT fandomship prior to Seth Littrell. Hang in there man. I hope you all can bounce back after UNT of course.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I just don’t see a win.  I wanted to believe, but tonight’s game didn’t give me that faith.  

We still can’t open holes in the running game and Mason spent WAY too much time bailing out of the pocket because Incarnate Word defenders were getting through.  I don’t believe we have the O-line to get the job done.

If we can't improve up front Fayetteville could get ugly.  Leaders on the offensive line need to step forward and make a difference, example.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ChiefTenBeers2015 said:

If we can't improve up front Fayetteville could get ugly.  Leaders on the offensive line need to step forward and make a difference, example.  

@emmitt

I don't understand the sudden disbelief in our team. We didn't look very good against UIW but how much of that was the rain, the high from thr SMU game, and being disinterested by the opponent? Our offense line looked pretty good in pass protection against SMU. I think that if we repeat that performance against Arkansas, we've got a good shot at the W.

Mose (center) and Murray were out. I agree, I’d have loved to run better. I agree, it’s concerning.... but go look at CSU’s stats against the Hogs. They did almost all their damage through the air, and i’m certain we have a far better passing game than the Rams. 

That said, playing in Fayetteville is not even comparable to getting the Hogs in your own place halfway across the country. CSU score or not, we have a much taller test than the Rams. Can we do it? Absolutely yes.....  but it won’t be remotely easy. 

• Ray 1

12 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I actually think we have a good shot at beating them.  CSU had 47 yards running the ball.  I think Fine and our WR's are better than what CSU has at those positions, plus we are playing together as a team better.

to be honest, i to do not really see a win. we have played two bad teams and did what you should do to bad teams. i believe Arkansas will come out fast. they are at home and have a coach that knows how to beat us. since i will be in attendance i hope for a close game.     

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Has anyone gone to a Arkansas game as a opponent’s fan before? My little sister went to their stadium as an A&M fan (obviously this was before that series went to Cowboys Stadium) and there was pretty bad harassment, including people throwing beer at them. 

Granted, I’m not claiming that this is a typical Arkansas experience, but I’d like to know if anyone else has had a similar story. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, untbowler said:

I will say UNT needs the win more than UA.

We lose this game and any respect from the SMU game is gone and we also need the momentum going into the La Tech game.

I don’t think so.

I think any time a G5 goes into a SEC stadium, they’re playing with house money (quite literally).

Win, it’s a shocking upset that can propel the program to new heights.

Lose, eh, what’d you expect?

15 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I don’t think so.

I think any time a G5 goes into a SEC stadium, they’re playing with house money (quite literally).

Win, it’s a shocking upset that can propel the program to new heights.

Lose, eh, what’d you expect?

Agree. Play loose.